A DIY anti-dandruff hair spray is just the thing you need to beat an itchy flaky scalp naturally!
Dandruff is an embarrassing hair problem. But what makes it utterly frustrating is when it comes with intense itchiness and discomfort! Thankfully, there is something you can make at home to help stop the madness and that’s this DIY anti-dandruff hair spray.
It uses the powerful of dandruff-busting essential oils: peppermint and tea tree! These essential oils contain anti-fungal properties that kill the yeast Malassezia which contributes to dandruff. Other ingredients like witch hazel, jojoba oil and water mix up the ingredients thoroughly, hydrate the scalp, reduce scalp oiliness and disinfect the scalp.
Okay, let’s get on to the recipe now:
DIY Anti-Dandruff Hair Spray
What you Need
- ¼ cup distilled water (where to get it)
- 1 tbsp witch hazel (where to get it)
- 2 tsp jojoba oil (where to get it)
- 5 drops tea tree essential oil (where to get it)
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil (where to get it)
- Small funnel (where to get it)
- Spray bottle (where to get it)
- Pour ¼ cup of distilled water into a spray bottle.
- Next add 1 tbsp witch hazel, 2 tsp jojoba oil, 5 drops tea tree essential oil and 5 drops peppermint essential oil.
- Cap the bottle then shake gently to mix up the ingredients.
- Store in a cool dry place.
- To use, spray all over your scalp 3 times a day. You can even use it as a dandruff hair mask treatment 2 hours before washing your hair as usual. Be patient while using this hair spray. Expect to see results quickly (that is, reduction in itching & flakiness) but for the dandruff to completely clear off, it takes time. It can take about 2-4 weeks or more.
- Use an natural anti-dandruff shampoo like my favorite Maple Holistics Shampoo. Also see my Homemade Tea Tree Oil Shampoo for its dandruff-fighting properties!
You’ll Also Like
- Top 7 Essential Oils for Dandruff
- DIY Hair Oil for Dandruff
- DIY Anti-Itch Hair Spray
- Anti-Dandruff Shampoo with Tea Tree Oil
- Scalp Scrub for Dandruff
- Hair Rinse Recipe for Dandruff
Say dandruff be gone with this effective anti-itch and anti-flake DIY anti-dandruff hair spray!