Is a flaky scalp making you self conscious and giving your head an itchy time? Try this effective DIY hair rinse for dandruff!
Dandruff is a scalp condition most commonly caused by an excess of the yeast called Malasezzia. It can also be caused by a dirty scalp, oily scalp and dry scalp. Several antidandruff shampoos promise to rid your scalp of dandruff and some do work but I find homemade remedies as effective as store-bought products at this job! Let’s check out some of the natural ingredients we’re going to use in this DIY hair rinse:
Benefits of Each Ingredient for Skin
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Contains live bacteria that eat up yeast that causes dandruff. Also has astringent properties that remove excess oils on the scalp.
- Tea Tree Oil: Is a powerful disinfectant with anti-fungal and antimicrobial properties that fight off dandruff
- Lavender Oil: Is soothing and moisturizing plus improves the scent of the hair rinse. If your dandruff is caused by dry scalp, then lavender oil will hydrate your skin.
Onto the DIY Hair Rinse for Dandruff recipe:
DIY Hair Rinse for Dandruff
What you Need
- 1 cup pure water
- 5 drops tea tree essential oil (where to get it)
- 4 drops lavender essential oil (where to get it)
- 2 tsp organic raw apple cider vinegar (where to get it)
- Bottle or mason jar for storage
- Into a bottle or jar, add 1 cup of pure water from the tap.
- Now add 2 tsp of organic raw apple cider vinegar (not the synthetic one you find at the store but the real thing a.k.a Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar).
- Finally, carefully drop in the tea tree and lavender essential oils.
- Shake everything together or if using a jar, give the mixture a stir with a disposable chopstick or long spoon.
- Your DIY hair rinse for dandruff is ready!
- To use, pour it on your head slowly while massaging with your fingers on your final hair rinse, after shampooing and conditioning.
- Repeat 2-3 times a week.
Do you have any other effective remedies for dandruff? Share below!