Learn how to make shampoo with neem oil in this article!
Neem oil is something amazing for treating scalp conditions and hair problems. It is medicinal in nature and contains many healing nutrients. It is a plant oil extracted from the ripe fruits and seeds of the Neem tree.
This medicinal oil has strong anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antifungal, antipyretic, antihistamine, anthelmintic, antifeedant, antiseptic, diuretic, emmenagogue, contraceptive, febrifuge, parasiticide, pediculocide and insecticide properties! That’s a boatload of healing benefits and it’s no wonder because the Neem tree has been called the Village Pharmacy because all of its parts are useful for treating a myriad of diseases.
Here are some of the scalp & hair benefits of neem oil:
- Treats scalp fungal infections
- Relieves scalp itchiness
- Gets rid of dandruff
- Soothes scalp inflammation
- Treats scalp acne
- Promotes hair growth
- Kills lice
- Makes hair soft and silky
- And more!
One of the best ways to use neem oil is by adding it to your shampoo, or better yet…making a homemade shampoo with it! Let’s find out how to make shampoo with neem oil below:
How to Make Shampoo with Neem Oil
What you need:
- ¼ cup liquid castile soap
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 3 tbsp rose water
- 1 tbsp neem oil
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops geranium essential oil
- Jar or any sealable container for storage
- Into a jar, bottle or any sealable container transfer ¼ cup of liquid castile soap, ¼ cup of coconut milk, 3 tbsp of rose water and 1 tbsp of neem oil with the help of a funnel.
- Remove the funnel and carefully add 10 drops of lavender essential oil and 10 drops of geranium essential oil.
- Now seal the container tightly and shake gently to combine everything. Store in the refrigerator.
- To use, pour 1-2 tbsp of your homemade shampoo into a non-breakable bowl (you can let it warm up at room temperature if it’s too cold) and take it to the shower with you.
- Lather it on your whole scalp and hair. You can let it rest for 5 minutes while you lather up the rest of your body. Rinse off with tepid water.
- Coconut milk is so conditioning already so you can skip out conditioner. Or, apply a leave in conditioner like my Green Tea Leave-in Conditioner to keep your hair hydrated, silky, soft and shiny.
I hope you’ve got how to make shampoo with neem oil! Come share your results after trying it out!