A soothing and healing homemade blemish gel is just what you need to help clear up your skin!
Blemish gel is a great invention! Why? Because it’s super soothing and healing! Plus if you have acne, it’s very safe to use because it is oil-free. This means it absolutely won’t clog up your pores, which can cause more breakouts and blemishes!
You only need three ingredients for this Homemade Blemish Gel so it’s also time-saving. Most of the ingredients can be bought at your local pharmacy! Let’s take a look at the ingredients and their benefits:
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Aloe vera gel – This ingredient is what is going to be your base ingredient. It makes up most of your homemade blemish gel. Aloe vera has been used for centuries to soothe and cool skin. It’s good for sunburn, burns and also scars & blemishes too! You can either use fresh aloe vera gel or buy the purest brand online. I like Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel and Amara Organics Aloe Vera Gel. Choose one of these!
- Tea tree essential oil – Tea tree one of the best essential oils for acne. It is a powerful disinfectant and fights off acne causing bacteria plus prevents white heads from forming. It’s good for reducing excess oily skin!
- Lavender essential oil – Lavender is great for fading away acne scars and blemishes. It also has anti-inflammatory properties good for soothing redness and inflammation!
If you have bad acne scars and blemishes that take long to heal, please add helichrysum essential oil (5 drops). This essential oil is one of the best for healing skin and fading off scars. It will do wonders for blemished skin! It’s totally optional in this recipe.
DIY Homemade Blemish Gel
- ¼ cup pure aloe vera gel
- 5 drops tea tree essential oil
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- Pyrex cup & whisk
- Small empty hand sanitizer bottle or squeezable tube
- Add ¼ cup of pure aloe vera gel into a Pyrex measuring cup, followed by 5 drops each of tea tree and lavender essential oils.
- Now whisk all ingredients together to form a nice gel.
- Transfer the gel into an empty hand sanitizer bottle, squeezable tube or any clean container you have available.
- Your homemade blemish gel is ready!
- To use, first wash your face well. I recommend Thursday Plantation’s Tea Tree Cleanser. Pat your skin dry and apply a thin layer of this gel all over your face. Wait for it to dry then moisturize. I like using a pea-sized amount of shea butter to moisturize my face.
I can’t wait for you to try out this homemade blemish gel and come share your results!