Make yourself a nice and soothing DIY chamomile shampoo for your scalp and hair!
Chamomile tea is so calming. Drinking it can immediately give you peace of mind, release anxiety & negative feelings plus soothe an aching belly. But did you know that this calming tea also benefits the scalp and hair? Yes, folks use chamomile tea to make yourself a chemical-free shampoo that will offer your hair more benefits than ever!
Some of the benefits of using this DIY chamomile shampoo include:
- Reduce scalp inflammation
- Fight dandruff
- Help heal scalp irritation & redness
- Treat scalp fungal problems
- Make hair shiny and glossy
- Naturally condition locks
- Strengthen the hair shaft
- And more
Aren’t the benefits of chamomile tea amazing?! Read more in my article: 12 Beauty Benefits of Chamomile Flowers
Okay now let’s get onto the DIY chamomile tea shampoo recipe:
DIY Chamomile Shampoo Recipe
What you need
- 1/4 cup baby unscented liquid castile soap (where to get it)
- 1/2 cup distilled water (where to get it)
- 1 chamomile tea bag (where to get it)
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable glycerin (where to get it)
- 7 drops chamomile essential oil (where to get it) or lavender essential oil ( lavender essential oil)
- 4 drops lemon essential oil (where to get it)
- 1/4 tsp jojoba oil (where to get it)
- Funnel (where to get it)
- 8 oz flip top bottle for storage (where to get it)
- Begin by making your chamomile tea: Boil the distilled water then add 5 chamomile tea bags and let them steep for 20 minutes.
- After steeping, let the chamomile tea cool down completely then pour it into your flip top bottle using a funnel. You can also use an old shampoo bottle.
- Now gently pour in the liquid castile soap using the funnel. Also add the vegetable glycerin.
- Finally, carefully drop in 7 drops of chamomile essential oil and 7 drops of lemon essential oil.
- Shake gently to combine everything into an emulsion. Your DIY chamomile shampoo is ready! Store in a cool dry place, preferably your refrigerator. This shampoo will last about 1.5 months. Make sure not to get any tap water and other contaminants into it.
- Use as you would normal shampoo! To naturally condition your hair, apply 1/2 tsp of coconut oil to the length of your hair as a leave-in conditioner.
Go ahead and try this DIY chamomile shampoo recipe out! Lemme know how it goes for you xoxo