Try out this simple homemade chamomile hair rinse for blonde hair and natural highlights!
Chamomile is an herb that’s been used for eons for its calming properties. Its benefits lie in the pretty white flowers that are dried and powdered to make chamomile tea. Chamomile tea is used as a remedy for calming anxiety, promoting peace of mind, inducing sleep and calming stomach upsets.
It has amazing beauty benefits as well! Check out my article on Beauty Benefits of Chamomile Flowers. One of its benefits for hair is that it brings out natural highlights and brightens blond hair. So if you want to enhance your highlights (whether natural or professionally done), then this homemade chamomile hair rinse is for you!
It is a much safer and gentle approach to lightening hair. Here’s the simple recipe:
Homemade Chamomile Hair Rinse Recipe
What you need
- 3 cups chamomile tea, cooled, made from 3 teabags (where to get it)
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp raw honey (where to get it)
- 5-10 drops chamomile essential oil (where to get it) *optional for more effective hair lightening
- Mason jar (where to get it)
- Begin by making your chamomile tea: Just pour 3 cups of boiling hot water into a heat safe container like a mason jar or Pyrex measuring cup. Now steep in 3 teabags for 20 minutes.
- When the time is up, remove the tea bags and let the chamomile tea completely cool down.
- Next, add 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice and 1 tsp raw honey.
Mix the ingredients together and your homemade chamomile hair rinse is ready!
- Use it as your final hair rinse after shampooing and conditioning your hair. Just pour it slowly over your head. Then squeeze out the excess water from your hair and gently dry your hair.
- If you use this DIY chamomile hair rinse every time you shower, your blonde hair will appear brighter and shiny! Brunettes will see beautiful highlights coming out!
I hope you love this homemade chamomile hair rinse! Try it out and let me know your thoughts xoxo