Make Your Own Aloe Vera Body Wash
Do you care for your bodily skin the same way you care for your face or hair? If not, then it’s time to take care of your skin in easy ways like a DIY aloe vera body wash. Our skin has sensitive cells which are often damaged when we expose ourselves to direct sunlight and pollution and the outcome can be observed in forms of sunburns, skin infections, rashes, etc. The magical remedy to this is our natural Aloe Vera Body Wash. The Aloe Vera content in the body wash has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties which keep away skin rashes and skin impurities such as pimples and acne.
More Aloe Reads:
- What’s Better & Aloe Vera Juice Vs Gel for Hair
- DIY Aloe Vera Body Scrub Recipe
- Regrow your Hair Naturally with Aloe Vera
- How to Make Face Cream with Aloe Vera
- Aloe Vera and Honey for Hair Growth
- 3 DIY Aloe Vera Gel Recipes for Skin
Aloe Vera Gel is also known for its sunburn reliefs and protection from the harmful UV rays. The nutrients present in Aloe Vera gel provide quality nourishment to your skin and give your skin a soft and smooth feel. Most of your often go carefree when it comes to using commercial products, but the same products contain toxic chemicals which can eventually damage your skin cells. Thus, go safe and opt for this natural DIY homemade Aloe Vera body wash which not only enhances your skin glow but also gives them prolonged protection. Don’t wait and prepare this simple body wash back home with the help of the recipe below:
How to Extract Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera gel is easily available in the market. If you buy readymade aloe gel, you could use that. However, a close look may reveal the use of many preservatives and chemicals which are downright harmful to the body. This violates the purpose of homemade body wash, as we will not get 100% pure products for use. Hence, it is always better to prepare Aloe Vera gel at home. It is both simple and quick and can be easily made before use. Let us see how:
- Take three to four medium sized Aloe Vera leaves and wash them under running water to get rid off excess dirt, mud and any superficial bug and mite.
- Slice off the leaves laterally from the middle.
- Take a spoon and scrape off the gel into a bowl.
- Now, rinse the gel under running water once again to wash off the slimy portion from it.
- The remnant of the extract is the pure gel you were looking for.
Where to Buy Pure Organic Aloe Vera Gel
- Aloe Vera Gel – ½ cup
- Castile Soap – 1 cup
- Vitamin E oil – 1 teaspoon
- Grapeseed oil – 2 tablespoons
- Guar Gum – ½ teaspoon
- Lavender essential oil – 10 drops (where to get it)
- Vetiver essential oil – 10 drops
- In a glass jar, take freshly extracted Aloe Vera gel and blend it into a smooth consistency.
- Add vitamin E oil (You can also extract the oil from the capsules. Burst the capsules and get the required amount of oil).
- Add the grapeseed oil and guar gum to the mixture.
- Mix the contents well using a fork
- Now, use an emersion blender and blend the contents properly. Keep adding the castile soap in small quantities, from time to time for a smooth and even mixture.
- Blend until you get a thick and running consistency of the mixture.
- Finally add the essential oils and blend again.
- That’s it! Your DIY aloe vera body wash is ready!
Pour the mixture in a dispenser and store it up to 3 months in a cool and dry place. Special care must be taken in case of children. Also note that children the age of twelve years should be kept away from the DIY aloe vera body wash because the use of essential oils might prove to be harmful to them. Also, the amount of essential oils should not be added in excess as it can be harmful in excess quantities.
Castile Soap is organic and is usually made up of coconut oil, hemp oil and olive oil. Guar Gum on the other hand is used for sticking the ingredients together so that it does not get separated later. As an alternative to grapeseed oil, you can also use lavender oil or rosemary oil, as per your requirements. The mixture will definitely create lather and is ideal for regular body wash.