One of the most popular DIY anti-aging skin care products you can make at home is this rosehip and carrot seed oil facial serum!
Let’s begin by exploring the benefits of rosehip oil and carrot seed oil for your skin!
Benefits of Rosehip Oil
Rosehip oil is highly touted in the skin care world! And this is with good reason too! The luxurious oil is excellent for aging skin and getting rid of scars. It is obtained from rosehips, which are the fruit of the wild rose plant (scientific name: Rosa canina, Rosa moschata or Rosa rubiginosa). So it is not got from the regular rose plant we know!
Some of the beauty benefits of rosehip oil for skin include:
- Boasts amazing anti-aging properties for youthful skin
- Makes skin soft and supple
- Promotes the production of collagen
- Soothes eczema and psoriasis
- High in linoleic acid, which makes it good for oily and acne prone skin
- Is a ‘dry’ oil which sinks into skin fast and doesn’t make it feel greasy
- Hydrates skin
- Helps fade away scars fast
- Improves skin elasticity
Benefits of Carrot Seed Essential Oil
Carrot seed essential oil is got from steam distillation of carrot seeds got from the wild carrot plant (scientific name: Daucus carota), also known as Queen Anne’s Lace. Also, carrot seed essential oil is not got from the regular carrots we know! 😉 I think carrot seed essential oil is so underrated! It may not smell like roses with its earthy scent but it has got some of the best benefits for your skin! Here they are:
- Heals damaged skin
- Supports skin repair
- Increases cell turn over
- Rejuvenates dull skin
- Can help with skin lightening and brightening
- Boosts collagen production
- Tightens, firms and tones skin
- Improves skin’s elasticity
Read more beauty benefits of carrot seed oil here: 9 Beauty Benefits of Carrot Seed Essential Oil for Skin & Hair
Okay, now that we’ve seen the benefits of rosehip oil and carrot seed essential oil, let’s jump onto our awesome rosehip and carrot seed facial serum!
Rosehip and Carrot Seed Face Serum Recipe
*When diluting essential oils for your skin, you can use a 1% essential oil dilution which means 1 drop of essential oil in 1 tsp of carrier oil or 2% essential oil dilution, which means 2 drops of essential oil in 1 tsp of carrier oil. In the blend below, we’re using a 2% dilution. Use 1% if you’re skin is sensitive and 2% if you need to vanish away some fine lines. If you want to know more about essential oil dilution, please see How to Dilute Essential Oils
What you need:
- 3 tbsp rosehip oil
- 5 drops rose otto essential oil
- 5 drops carrot seed essential oil
- 5 drops geranium essential oil
- 3 drops helichrysum essential oil
- Small funnel
- 2 oz amber glass dropper bottle
- Get a 2 oz amber glass dropper bottle.
- Now pour in 3 tbsp of rosehip seed oil into it with the help of a small funnel to avoid spillage.
- Carefully add 3 drops each of rose otto, carrot seed, geranium and helichrysum essential oils.
- Cap the bottle tightly and roll it between your palms to gently combine everything. Do not shake the bottle as this will create air bubbles that can make your serum go rancid faster! Remember we’re working with rosehip oil which has a shelf life of only 6 months.
- Your rosehip and carrot seed facial serum is ready! Store it in a cool dry place.
- To use, place 3-4 drops on your palm, rub both palms together and massage them onto your clean face and neck, avoiding your eyes and lips.
- Use twice a day after cleansing your face!
Give this awesome rosehip and carrot seed facial serum a go!
Others are Reading:
- Tamanu Oil vs Rosehip Oil for Scars – Which is Best?
- 15 Beauty Benefits of Rosehip Oil for Anti-Aging, Scars & More
- Is Rosehip Oil Good for Acne?
- 6 Ways to Use Rosehip Oil for Hyperpigmentation