Blackheads are ugly black dots that litter the nose and cheeks. They arise due to stale sebum that clogs up the pores and oxidizes, which changes its color to black. Learn how to make your own homemade cleanser for blackheads in this post!
The ingredients we shall be using are baking soda, activated charcoal, lemon juice and water. Let’s look at their benefits for this cleanser:
- Water – Acts as the base to mix up the ingredients and also dilutes the lemon juice and baking soda.
- Activated charcoal – This is a miracle detoxifying ingredient that sucks out impurities and toxins including blackheads, from within the skin.
- Baking soda – It has a slight abrasive structure that helps exfoliate and scrounge off the blackheads. It also soaks up impurities and excess oils.
- Lemon juice – This tightens the skin and enables the blackheads to be squeezed out all on their own. It also reduces excess oils that are the cause of blackheads.
Homemade Face Cleanser for Blackheads
What you Need
- 1 tsp baking soda (where to get it)
- 1 capsule activated charcoal (where to get it)
- 1 tsp water
- 1 tsp lemon juice (where to get it)
- Small bowl
- In a small bowl, add the baking soda then open a capsule of activated charcoal and dump the powder in.
- Now add the water and lemon juice to create a paste.
- Gently massage in all over your face or only on the blackhead-infested areas.
- Leave it on for a couple of minutes then rinse off well with tepid water.
Tips for Removing Blackheads
- Before using this homemade face cleanser for blackheads, it’s very useful to do a facial steaming. To do this: just boil a pot of 3 cups of water until it gets very steamy. You can add a few spoons of dried herbs or essential oils to infuse the steam with the herbal goodness. Then remove from heat and place the pot on a table over a place mat. Let the steam hit your face and make you sweat. This will open up your pores and soften and loosen your skin so the blackheads can pop out.
- After the steam, you can use a spoon to try to scrape the blackheads off – it works!
- Use an egg white tissue paper mask! Just use a face mask brush to paint egg white on your sin. Then cut out a tissue paper or paper towel to ake holes for your eyes and mouth. Now stick this onto the egg white. Paint more egg white over the tissue. Now let it sit for about 5 minutes then quickly peel off the tissue and you might have plucked some hairs as well as blackheads!