Make this incredibly easy DIY face scrub for flaky skin and experience it amazing exfoliating and skin smoothing effects!
Take it from me – this is literally THE best face scrub for flaky skin I’ve ever made and used. I have dry acne prone skin and I really hate it when my skin becomes flaky. UGH.
Before making this DIY face scrub, I’ve been using brown sugar as a gentle scrub but I must say it doesn’t have the same effect as baking soda! It’s cleansing and exfoliating and has that daily light exfoliation my dry skin needs!
So when I made this simple face scrub for flaky skin, I knew it’d be the one I’m going to stick with for life!
Let’s get right onto the recipe, shall we?!
DIY Face Scrub for Flaky Skin Recipe
What you need
- ¼ cup baking soda (where to get it)
- 2 tbsp raw honey (where to get it)
- 3 drops tea tree essential oil (where to get it)
- 5 drops lavender essential oil (where to get it)
- 4 oz clean container for storage (where to get it)
- Into your clean container, pour in the baking soda.
- Now scoop in 2 tsp of raw honey and mix well with a spoon.
- Once you get a creamy texture, add the tea tree and lavender essential oils, drop by drop.
- Mix again very well to combine everything.
- That’s it! Your amazing DIY face scrub is ready! Store in a cool dry place and keep away from water.
- To use, dip in clean and dry fingers and scoop up about a tsp of it. Rub onto a wet face – just splash with warm water then apply.
- Rub the scrub in gentle circular motions for about 2 minutes.
- You can even let it sit for about 10 minutes (go do something else during this time).
- When the time is up, rinse off well with warm water then splash your face with cold water.
- Pat your face dry then apply toner: I dab cooled chamomile tea on my face. When the toner dries, apply moisturizer: I use a pea-sized amount of pure shea butter.
After using this DIY face scrub for flaky skin, my skin remains moisturized, soft and supple till I get back home to wash it again in the evening! It’s definitely amazing! Try it out xoxo