Learn how to remove dead cells from your face with baking soda for bright, clear and smooth skin!
Baking soda (not baking powder!) is also known as sodium bicarbonate. It works as a physical exfoliator meaning it scrapes off dead cells from your face with its gentle abrasive texture.
It’s such an inexpensive way to slough off flaky skin and make your face brighter, clearer and smoother! You simply have got to try it!
I’m sharing three ways on how to remove dead cells from your face with baking soda. Choose one of your fancy and let it do its magic!
How to Remove Dead Cells from Your Face with Baking Soda – 3 Ways
1. Simple Baking Soda Scrub
Okay, this is the easiest treatment you can do to remove dead cells off your face with baking soda. It basically uses just two ingredients: baking soda and water.
- 2 tbsp baking soda
- 1-2 tsp water
- Small bowl
- Add 2 tbsp of baking soda to a bowl.
- Next add water slowly to form a thick easily spreadable mixture.
- Now gently apply the mixture on your face for about a min or two.
- Rinse off with tepid water and pat your face dry.
- Your skin will feel fresh, cleansed, firm, smooth and soft!
- You can apply moisturizer now.
- Do this every day for a week, once a month.
2. My Favorite: Baking Soda, Honey & Tea Tree Oil Treatment
This is one of my best treatments with baking soda! I have dry acne prone skin so this really helps remove clogged pores and flaky skin like a pro!
- ¼ cup honey
- 4 tbsp baking soda
- 5 drops tea tree oil
- Small jar & spoon
- Mix everything up in a small mason jar and store in your bathroom cabinet. Use only a clean spoon to scoop out 1-2 tsp for use!
- Gently apply 1-2 tsp of this mixture all over your damp face for a minute. Then leave it on for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Rinse off with cold water then apply moisturizer.
- Use every day for a week, once a month. You can also use it right before an event for flawless skin!
2. Baking Soda, Lemon, Coconut Oil Mask
This is a more moisturizing treatment for those with really dry flaky skin. You should leave it on like a mask for around 5-7 minutes after application for it to work really well! Check out the ingredients:
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Small bowl & spoon
- In a bowl, dump all the ingredients and mix well to form a creamy paste.
- Apply the paste on your damp skin for a min then leave it on for 5-7 minutes.
- Rinse off with cold water and moisturize!
Wohoo! And that’s three ways on how to remove dead cells from your face with baking soda! Please try out any of the treatments and come share your results!