Follow this easy peasy homemade bronzer recipe for that gorgeous glow on your cheekbones!
Seriously, one of the easiest makeup products to whip up in less than a few minutes in BRONZER! Bronzers are a must to make your skin look contoured and chiseled. You simply can’t afford to miss out on bronzer if you want to look like an Instagram celebrity! The ingredients we’re going to be using might all be in your kitchen right now! Let’s take a look at these ingredients and their role in this homemade bronzer recipe, shall we?
- Arrow root powder – This is a silky white powder obtained from arrow root. It lightens the bronzer and mixes the other ingredients to create the bronzer color. You can also use cornstarch but arrow root powder is silkier and just perfects your makeup look, IMO!
- Cinnamon powder – This spice produces that bright healthy glow we’re looking for!
- Cocoa powder – Darkens the bronzer and gives depth. It’s the ingredient that helps give that cheekbone definition.
- Nutmeg powder – Nutmeg powder is lighter in color than cinnamon and cocoa, which makes it give skin a sun-kissed glow.
- Lavender essential oil – Adding essential oil thickens the recipe and keeps it together. It also makes the bronzer smell nice plus has skin soothing effects. You may use any other essential oil of choice such as geranium, rose, ylang ylang, or choose to leave essential oils out completely if you want a powdery bronzer!
Okay now here’s the easy homemade bronzer recipe you’ve all been waiting to see!
Homemade Bronzer Recipe
If you’ve got sensitive skin, you might want to lessen the amounts of cinnamon and nutmeg powder because they are ‘hot’ spices.
What you need:
- 2 tsp arrow root powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg powder
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- Clean & empty compact powder container
- Mixing bowl & whisk for mixing
- In a mixing bowl, add 2 tsp arrow root powder, 1 tbsp cinnamon powder, 1 tsp cocoa powder and 1 tsp nutmeg powder. Whisk well to combine all the dry powders.
- Next, add 10 drops of lavender essential oil and whisk again. Break down any lumps that form to get a smooth powder.
- Transfer the powder into a compact powder container and press it down, packing it firmly into the container.
- That’s it! Enjoy your homemade bronzer powder which in free from toxic chemicals but works as effectively like store-bought ones!
- My tip: If you want a shimmery bronzer, then add ½ to 1 tsp gold mica powder! You can order gold mica powder at Amazon! But this is totally unnecessary, especially if you want an easy bronzer recipe without hard-to-find ingredients.
What do you think of this homemade bronzer recipe? Isn’t it so easy?! Are you ready to make it? Share your thoughts below!