Whip up this DIY hair serum for frizzy hair to get the shiny & silky locks you’ve always desired!
Frizzy hair is often unmanageable and changes with the weather – you may notice in the winter, the frizzes get frizzier! What can you do? Why make yourself a DIY hair serum for frizzy hair, of course!
Many hair serums are designed to keep hair moisturized, smooth and shiny. But most hair serums in the market also contain countless unnecessary chemicals and preservatives. These can leave your hair in a bad condition after long-term use. Think icky product build-up! Gross!
That’s why it’s easy to whip up your own serum for frizzy hair. Serums are a thick and oily consistency but this one is more refreshing and easy to apply. Check it out!
We’re going to be using the following ingredients:
DIY Hair Serum for Frizzy Hair
What you need
- ¼ cup pure aloe vera gel (where to get it)
- 2 tbsp fractionated coconut oil (where to get it)
- 2.5 tbsp rose water (where to get it)
- 1 tsp Vitamin E oil (where to get it)
- 12 drops jasmine essential oil (where to get it)
- High speed blender (where to get it)
- 8 oz amber bottle (where to get it)
- Wooden wide tooth comb (where to get it)
- What you’re going to do is pour the aloe vera gel into your high speed blender. Then add the rose water, fractionated coconut oil and Vitamin E oil.
- Blend for a few seconds to combine everything together into an emulsion. Your mixture should be smooth.
- Pour the mixture into your disc-top bottle using a small funnel.
- Carefully add 12 drops of jasmine essential oil into your bottle.
- Close the bottle and shake well to combine everything.
- And that’s it! Your DIY hair serum for frizzy hair is ready! Store it in a cool dry place, away from sunlight.
- Apply on freshly washed hair (damp – not dripping wet). Just squeeze a little of the serum on your palm, rub both palms together then smooth over your hair length.
- Then gently place an old T-shirt on your head, covering your hair, for about 5 minutes. Fluffy towels cause hair breakage and promote frizz! So get an old T-shirt or two just to replace your hair towel. The towel traps heat and helps the serum penetrate into your hair better.
- When the time is up, remove the towel and use a wide tooth comb to gently de-tangle.
- Let your hair naturally dry without the blow-dryer.
- Enjoy anti-frizzy hair!
Use this DIY hair serum for frizzy hair every after you shower to maintain smooth and silky locks xoxo