An ingenious way to fade blemishes fast is by using this DIY blemish remover in a roll on bottle!
One of the things I seem to constantly battle is deep cystic acne. The worst part is it leaves unsightly scars when it goes away. The scars stay there for LONG. I mean like for months on end!
The acne I have almost shows up every month so I’m sure it’s hormonal acne. I’ve been trying to consume hormone-balancing foods and avoid junk as a way to combat it. And also try using blemish busting essential oils.
There are several essential oils that can help with blemishes but the ones below are the most effective:
Blemish Busting Essential Oils
These blemish busting essential oils are common essential oils plus they are extremely versatile too! You can use them in cleaning recipes, as perfumes, wound healing, to boost hair growth and more!
- Tea tree essential oil – This is by far the best essential oil, in my opinion, for fighting off acne. It’s said to be even more effective than benzoyl peroxide! It’s a powerful disinfectant so it helps clear off acne causing bacteria.
- Thyme essential oil – We know thyme for being powerful against dandruff and toenail fungus. But just like tea tree oil, it has been touted as an oil that could be better than benzoyl peroxide! So if you have that annoying pus filled acne or clogged pores that tend to develop into acne or whiteheads, use thyme.
- Helichrysum essential oil – This is a major oil for reducing scars. It has extremely good wound healing properties! Use it for acne & blemishes with astounding results!
- Lavender essential oil – Lavender is good for reducing scars so it’s mighty effective for blemishes. If you’re trying to fade away acne scars, include lavender! Another thing is that it’s moisturizing so if you’re skin tends to get dry and flaky, lavender’s for you!
- Geranium essential oil – So this floral essential oil is perfect for those suffering from hormonal acne. Geranium is balancing in nature – it balances your skin sebum and hormones as well! It also adds a pleasant scent to this DIY blemish remover roll on!
- Rosemary essential oil – Rosemary smells fantastic and it’s something I use for boosting hair growth. For skin, it reduces excess oiliness that may be clogging up pores and bringing blemishes like acne, whiteheads and black heads.
Base Ingredient for Your Roll On
You can choose to use a water-based ingredient or oil-based ingredient. I like water-based ingredients such as aloe vera gel and witch hazel for drying out blemishes in the form of acne and white heads.
But if you have scars, dark spots then an oil-based ingredient will be more effective for you. Examples of oils good for blemishes include argan oil, rosehip seed oil, hemp seed oil and jojoba oil.
How to: DIY Blemish Remover Roll On
What you need:
- Base ingredient: could be water-based such as witch hazel or oil-based such as rosehip seed oil
- 3 drops tea tree essential oil
- 2 drops thyme essential oil
- 3 drops lavender essential oil
- 3 drops geranium essential oil
- 3 drops rosemary essential oil
- 3 drops helichrysum essential oil
- 10 ml roller bottle
- Small glass bowl
- In a small bowl, add 2 tsp of your base ingredient plus all the drops of essential oils. Mix well with a toothpick.
- Using a syringe, transfer the blend into your roll on bottle.
- Close the cap and tip the bottle back and forth to combine everything.
- Use three times a day on your blemishes!