Wrinkles are inevitable. But nowadays, even 20 year olds are starting to sport crinkly eyes and forehead lines…you can blame it on the stress, pollution, junk food and late nighters for sure.
A good piece of advice given to me by a nice older lady who looks youthful is: when you turn 20, start taking care of your skin real good so you can delay those dreaded wrinkles. And how do you do that? By making sure your face is moisturized and stays out of the sun plus eating nutrient-rich food and avoiding slathering chemical-filled products.
Soap is a major culprit in forming wrinkles. Why do I say this? Because it makes skin very dry, plus it has a very high alkalinic pH. Dry skin is very prone to wrinkles so make sure your skin is always moisturized. Making your own DIY anti-aging face wash is a good way to stop using soap on your face. The skin is naturally slightly acidic so using something alkalinic on it isn’t good. Unless you’re following it up with an acidic toner, such as an Apple Cider Vinegar Toner.
Without further rambling, let me get straight onto the DIY anti-aging face wash recipe!
DIY Anti-Aging Face Wash Recipe
*This DIY anti-aging face wash is totally safe for your skin. Sure, baking soda is alkalinic but it’s not as alkalinic as soap! Plus it’s much safer to use than soap which contains a boatload of chemicals and unnecessary ingredients. Besides, if you use a pH balancing toner like a mixture of ½ cup of distilled water and 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, then you will get your skin back to its normal pH.
What you Need
- 1/3 cup baking soda (where to get it)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (where to get it)
- 1 tsp raw honey (where to get it)
- 5 drops frankincense oil (where to get it)
- 5 drops lavender oil (where to get it)
- Wide mouth storage container (where to get it)
- Into your wide mouth storage container, dump in the baking soda.
- Now add the soft coconut oil, raw honey and essential oils. If your coconut oil is hard, place the jar in a bowl of hot water for it to loosen and soften up.
- Stir everything together to form a soft white paste with a spoon.
- And it’s ready! Store your DIY anti-aging face wash in a cool, dry and dark place.
- To use, get a tsp on your fingers (use a spoon so as not to contaminate the mixture). Now rub it on your wet face. Rinse off with tepid water. Pat dry, then tone and moisturize!
- Use twice a day: once when you wake up and before bed.
- Say hello to beautiful youthful looking skin!
- You can use liquid coconut oil instead of the regular solid coconut oil, if you prefer.
- If you’ve got acne/oily skin, try using a non-comedogenic oil like sunflower oil or argan oil.
- Add any other anti-aging essential oils of your choice like geranium essential oil, sandalwood essential oil or rose essential oil.
- Also try this DIY honey and aloe facial cleanser!