For those of you who’ve just discovered shea butter, there are just so many exciting natural shea butter skin and hair recipes out there, that sometimes it gets overwhelming and you may not know where to begin. Here’s my suggestion: why not make a simple shea butter face cream to get you started in this awesome journey to natural beauty?! Here are three of the easiest recipes to choose from and try out this weekend:
Points to Note:
These shea butter face cream recipes do not contain any preservatives mainly because the essential oils, carrier oils and hydrosols used are all naturally antimicrobial. You can store these face creams in tiny containers and they will keep fresh for up to 6 months, provided you use only organic ingredients.
3 Shea Butter Face Cream Recipes for Smooth Skin
1. 2 Minute Basic Shea Butter Face Cream Recipe
If you’re into DIY skin care recipes but don’t have enough time on your hands, then this easy 2 minute shea butter face cream is perfect for you! It just takes a couple of minutes to make but it’ll feed your skin and make it glow. This recipe contains tea tree oil, making it great for acne, and it’s cheap and easily available over the counter – so not much investment is needed! You can make it right now and use it nightly for more than 2 weeks. Let’s check out the ingredients & their benefits:
- Coconut Oil – Coconut oil is known for its amazing multipurpose use in the natural beauty world. It’s especially good for moisturizing skin. So if you don’t particularly have acne prone skin, you can use it just fine. I say this because coconut oil does have a high pore clogging rate so people suffering with clogged pores or acne may want to avoid it.
- Tea tree Essential Oil – A natural anti bacterial agent, tea tree essential oil wards off germs and bacteria that can irritate skin. It is also an astringent, which means it helps reduce excess sebum on the skin’s surface.
- 2 tbsp of raw shea butter (get it here)
- 1 tbsp of organic coconut oil (get it here)
- 3-5 drops of tea tree essential oil (get it here)
Place your raw shea butter in a small mixing bowl. Add organic coconut oil and a few drops of tea tree essential oil. Mash and mix well to combine. Scrape the mixture into a small container. Your shea butter face cream is ready! It barely takes 2 minutes to make this basic moisturizing face cream! Get a dime-sized amount of this face cream and apply it all over your neck and hands to moisturize.
2. Anti Aging Geranium Shea Butter Face Cream
In this powerful anti aging shea butter face cream, I’ll be using argan oil which is known to be a non-comedogenic oil that doesn’t clog pores. I also used geranium essential oil for its great anti-aging properties and beauty benefits. You can read more benefits of the ingredients below:
- Argan Oil – Argan oil has a high level of antioxidants that will fight premature aging. It also doesn’t clog pores and moisturizes skin beautifully.
- Geranium Essential Oil – One of the best essential oils for aging skin, geranium essential oil helps delay wrinkles and fine lines as well as tone and firm sagging skin. It is also a skin balancing essential oil that can be used for all skin tyes.
- 2 tbsp of raw shea butter (get it here)
- 1 tsp of argan oil (get it here)
- 6 drops of geranium essential oil (get it here)
Place the shea butter jar in a bowl of hot water to loosen up. Once it is soft enough, scoop out the required amount and transfer it to the small container that you will be using to store your face cream. Add the argan oil and geranium essential oil. Stir the ingredients well with a clean spatula. Store the container in a clean and dry place.
3. Whipped Mint Shea Butter Face Cream
Peppermint is the star ingredient in this whipped shea butter face cream recipe and it’s something so refreshing and soothing for skin of all types! Mix in cocoa butter and jojoba oil and you’ll have a nourishing and healing face cream! However, since it contains cocoa butter, it’s more suited to dry skin types. Benefits of the ingredients are below:
- Cocoa Butter – Cocoa butter provides powerful anti oxidant protection for the skin which makes it great in healing tired, sun damaged and mature skin. It also contains anti inflammatory properties that soothes eczema and other inflammatory skin conditions.
- Jojoba Oil – Jojoba oil is a low comedogenic oil that has a similar molecular structure to that of our skin’s natural oils which makes it a great skin care oil to treat skin of all types. Fighting acne, regulating sebum, delaying wrinkles and moisturizing skin are just some of the benefits of jojoba oil for skin.
- Peppermint Essential Oil – Due to its lipophylic properties, peppermint essential oil has the ability to penetrate into the skin and heal. It is also a natural astringent which makes it excellent in controlling overly oily skin types.
- 3 tbsp of raw shea butter (get it here)
- 1 tsp of cocoa butter (get it here)
- 1 tsp jojoba oil (get it here)
- 2 to 5 drops of peppermint essential oil (get it here)
Melt the shea butter and cocoa butter using the double boiler method (make your own double boiler by heating a pan of water, in which is a small bowl of the butters). When melted, remove the bowl from heat, let it slightly cool down in a larger bowl packed with ice cubes. Add jojoba oil and peppermint essential oil. Stir well and whip for about 10 minutes until you get a fluffy whipped cream. Transfer the freshly made face cream into a small jar or container. Use a clean finger or a little spoon to scoop out the face cream to apply on your face.
My Favorite Tried & Tested Shea Butter Recipes Ebook
Do you love shea butter and want to make your own beauty products with it?! Check out this ebook “My Favorite Tried & Tested Shea Butter Recipes for Luscious Skin & Hair” for 30 awesome recipes, complete with step-by-step instructions, beautiful pictures and other valuable shea butter info!