The amazing beauty benefits of banana for skin & hair will surprise you! This common fruit has a lot to offer for natural beauty!
Yes, the humble banana sitting in your fruit basket right now has many beauty benefits to offer! It is a nutritious fruit that contains high amounts of potassium & magnesium! Other nutrients in banana include Vitamin A, B, E, zinc, amino acids and more.
Consuming bananas as well as applying them topically both have beauty benefits! You can use bananas for your skin and hair to promote natural beauty. Check out 10 amazing beauty benefits of banana below!
10 Beauty Benefits of Banana
1. Nature’s Botox
Did you know that bananas have been called Nature’s Botox?! Yup! That’s right! Instead of going under the knife, use a DIY banana face mask to give your face that natural lift and suppleness!
- DIY Firming Banana Face Mask: Muddle up a half of a ripe banana in a small bowl. Now stir in ½ tsp raw honey and 2 drops of lavender essential oil. Apply this face mask all over your face, avoiding the eye area. Rinse off well with tepid water after 10 minutes. Repeat 1-3 times a week!
2. Detangling Hair Conditioner
One of my favorite beauty benefits of banana is that it naturally conditions hair! You’ll find it easy to detangle your hair and the end result is silky strands! Use this detangling hair conditioning mask with bananas:
- Banana Hair Conditioner: Into a high speed blender, blend 2 ripe bananas for a minute. Now use a plastic strainer to squeeze the banana puree so it’s free of tiny lumps. Next add 2 tsp of yogurt, 1 tsp coconut oil, ½ tsp fresh lemon juice and ½ tsp honey. Mix well and apply onto freshly washed hair, tie it up and cover with a shower cap. Thoroughly rinse off with tepid water after 20 minutes.
3. DIY Shampoo
I bet you didn’t know that you could wash your hair with bananas, did you?! I’ve used it before with astounding results. Guys, it leaves hair clean, soft and silky! You simply have got to try it out. Here’s the link to the recipe: How to Make a Banana Shampoo for Shiny Hair
4. Heals Acne
Bananas have anti-inflammatory properties which reduce the appearance and redness of acne! It also contains zinc and lectin that fight off acne causing bacteria! To treat acne, simply muddle up a banana, mix in honey and apply onto your acne prone areas for 7 minutes. Or, stick a banana peel on your acne – it also helps!
5. Seals Split Ends
You won’t believe it but bananas hydrate, nourish & strengthen your hair ends which seals off split ends! Try my Banana Olive Oil Hair Mask below:
- Split End Sealing Hair Mask: Into a blender, add 1 ripe banana (peeled), 1 tbsp whole milk, 2 tsp olive oil. Next add 3 drops of lavender essential oil. Now blend till creamy and lump-free then strain your mixture through a fine-mesh strainer to remove tiny lumps. Apply onto your dry hair ends or from the roots to the ends of your hair. Tie your hair up and put it in a shower cap. Rinse off after 30 minutes then shampoo your hair using a natural sulfate-free shampoo. Afterwards, spray this Rose Water Glycerin Hair Spray as a leave-in conditioner.
5. Fades Acne Scars, Dark Spots
Banana peels come in handy when it comes to lightening acne scars and dark spots! Simply stick a piece of banana peel onto your acne scars or dark spots to fade them away!
6. Promotes Hair Growth
Using bananas, you can make a hair growth boosting mask as follows. This hair mask fortifies hair roots, moisturizes the scalp and deeply nourishes the hair follicles! Try it out:
- Hair Growth Mask: In a blender, add 1 ripe banana, 1 egg, 1 tbsp coconut oil and ½ tsp raw honey. Blend for a minute until you get a lump-free mixture. Put it into a bowl and apply onto dry hair. Tie your hair up and cover with a shower cap. Leave it on for 30 minutes then rinse off with cold water. Shampoo with a natural sulfate-free shampoo! Repeat once a week for 3 months and see your hair grow thicker and longer!
7. Dry Damaged Hair
Among the beauty benefits of banana is its ability to repair dry damaged hair. Its hydrating properties pump up dry hair cells with much-needed moisture while the nutrients fortify the hair roots & strands. You can make this Banana Coconut Milk Hair Treatment below:
- Banana Coconut Milk Hair Treatment: Into a high speed blender, add 2 ripe bananas, ½ cup coconut milk, 1 tbsp coconut oil and 1 tsp honey. Blend till lump-free. Section hair and apply the hair mask. Then cover your head with a plastic cap and leave the mask to work for 30 minutes. Rinse off thoroughly with tepid water. Apply a leave-in conditioner.
8. Heal Poison Ivy Rashes
Poison ivy rashes look hideous especially when you have oozing blisters! But don’t worry, one effective remedy I love for speeding up healing of poison ivy rashes in banana peels! Just stick them onto your rashes and leave them on for about 1 hours. Repeat often to help heal poison ivy rashes! Also check out other Top 10 Natural Remedies for Poison Ivy Rashes in the link!
9. Oil Control
Bananas are hydrating and help balance excess oil secretion onto the skin. Make an oil control banana face mask as follows:
Puree one ripe banana in a blender together with 1 tsp fresh lemon juice. Apply onto your clean face, avoiding the eyes. Rinse off with tepid water. Use cooled green tea as a toner and this DIY Water-Based Moisturizer for light moisturization!
10. Reduce Puffy Eyes
Banana peels come in handy when you wake up one day with puffy eyes. Just lie down and gently place banana peels on both eyes. After 20 minutes, remove the peels and splash your face with cold water. Your skin will look refreshed and less puffy!
Have you ever used bananas for natural beauty?! Share below!