Plagued with a flaky scalp? Try this DIY hair oil for dandruff! It might be your miracle cure!
Dandruff is an embarrassing hair issue that affects many people around the globe. It can be caused by many factors including dry scalp, oily scalp, weather changes, irritation to hair care products, consumption of too many yeasty foods.
One of the leading causes of dandruff is a type of yeast called Malasezzia. It’s normally found on the scalp but due to various causes including eating a lot of refined sugar and yeasty foods, it can multiply very fast causing a flaky scalp and dandruff.
There are many natural remedies for dandruff and one of them is using oils and essential oils. In this post, I’m going to show you how to combine two oils to make an effective DIY hair oil for dandruff!
DIY Hair Oil for Dandruff
What you need:
- ½ cup liquid coconut oil
- 7 drops lemon eucalyptus essential oil
- 7 drops tea tree essential oil
- 7 drops lavender essential oil
- 4 drops thyme essential oil
- Small funnel
- 4 oz amber dropper bottle
- Place a funnel into the amber dropper bottle and carefully pour ½ cup of liquid coconut oil into it.
- Remove the funnel then add 7 drops each of lemon eucalyptus essential oil, tea tree essential oil & lavender essential oil. Then add just 4 drops of thyme essential oil.
- Cap the bottle and roll it between your palms to gently mix all the oils up. Refrain from shaking the bottle because this can create air bubbles which promote rancidity of your oil.
- And your DIY hair oil for dandruff is ready!
- To use, place about 1 tbsp in a small glass bowl. Massage it on your whole scalp using clean fingers for about 3 minutes.
- Wait for 1-2 hours then wash your hair as usual. You may need to shampoo twice to get rid of all the oils. Use a natural sulfate-free anti-dandruff shampoo.
- Apply this oil any time you need it!
What other remedies have you used to combat dandruff? Share below!