Get to know how to dissolve bunions naturally with 5 natural remedies!
Bunions are outward protrusions of the joint of the big toe. They are caused by different factors including wearing tight shoes over a long period of time, genetics and salt deposits in that joint. Bunions may look unsightly but the reason why many people want them gone is because they cause a lot of unbearable pain. Some people can’t even walk properly or wear shoes at all because of bunions!
Today, I want to share 5 effective remedies that will help dissolve bunions naturally. These remedies help reduce calcification at the head of the metatarsal, get rid of salt deposits, reduce inflammation and numb down pain!
How to Dissolve Bunions Naturally – 5 Ways
1. Oil Massage
Oil massage is one of the best remedies for dissolving bunions naturally. The gentle pressure applied on the bunions combined with the nourishing oil helps naturally and gradually dissolve the bunion. The best oils to use include coconut oil, olive oil, sesame oil and moringa oil, among others.
- Bunion Oil Massage: To perform a massage, you will need to gently rub a tsp of the oil you chose on your bunion, gently but firmly pressing it inside for 5-7 minutes. You can even get a partner to do it for you.
2. Apply Essential Oils
Essential oils are highly concentrated liquid plant extracts. They are all-natural and contain chemical constituents that offer powerful therapeutic properties! Some of the therapeutic properties include analgesic (pain relieving), anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and more. Some of the best essential oils for bunions include eucalyptus radiata essential oil, wintergreen essential oil, peppermint essential oil, lemon essential oil and more. Please See: 8 Best Essential Oils for Bunions & How to Use. Here’s an essential oil blend for bunions got from the link above:
- Bunion Busting Blend: In a small glass bowl, add 10 drops eucalyptus radiata essential oil, 10 drops sweet marjoram essential oil, 8 drops lemon essential oil, 8 drops german chamomile essential oil. Mix them well with a toothpick then transfer the blend into a 10ml roller bottle. Top off with fractionated coconut oil. Roll onto the bunion three times a day. Caution: Lemon oil is photosensitive so do not expose your skin to sunlight with this blend on.
3. Use Turmeric
Did you know that this golden spice is powerful against inflammation and pain?! It can be used internally and externally. Many people have had success using turmeric to treat bunions. You can make a turmeric paste for bunions or drink turmeric milk (popularly called golden milk) to help dissolve bunions from the inside-out.
- Turmeric Paste: In a glass bowl, add 1 tbsp of turmeric powder. Now add a little water, slowly by slowly, while mixing with a spoon to get a smooth non-drippy paste. Apply the paste onto your bunion and cover with a cotton gauze. Put on a black sock over it and leave it overnight.
- Golden Milk: Pour 1 cup of warm milk (whole milk or coconut milk) into a cup. Now add ½ tsp turmeric powder, 1 pinch of ground black pepper and enough raw honey to taste. Stir well and enjoy your golden milk ever y night before bed. It’s said to also promote deep sleep!
4. Have an Epsom Salt Foot Soak
Epsom salt is an amazing natural remedy for sore joints and muscles. If your bunion is hurting unbearably, an Epsom salt foot soak will help loads! Epsom salt not only takes away the pain of your bunions but also reduces inflammation. It helps detoxify the body and contains magnesium that is absorbed best through the skin. Make an Epsom salt foot soak every night to help your bunions:
- Epsom Salt Foot Soak: Pour 4 liters of very warm water into a tub or foot soak tub, then add 4 tbsp of Epsom salts. Soak your feet for 25 minutes every night then do an oil massage on the bunion before heading to bed.
5. Drink Bay Leaf Tea
Bay leaf is an effective natural remedy to dissolve bunions! It is a powerful diuretic. Bay leaf works by dissolving excess salt in the body that accumulates in joints causing gout and bunions. This helps decrease the size of your bunions and take away the unbearable pain. Here’s how to make and consume bay leaf tea for bunions:
- Bay Leaf Tea: Crush to powder 6 bay leaves in your spice grinder or blender. Store the bay leaf powder in an air tight container for future use. Now place a tablespoon of this bay leaf powder in a pot containing 10 oz of boiling water. Cover the pot and let the bay leaves steep overnight. Strain it into a flask or bottle the next morning and sip it throughout the day. Do this for 3 days then take a 7-day break before resuming the remedy. Taking bay leaf tea will make you go to the bathroom regularly, which helps remove excess salt from the body!
I hope you’ve got an idea of how to dissolve bunions naturally using the above 5 remedies!