Use a homemade eye mask for dark circles to lighten those awful under eye bruises! I have 6 eye mask recipes you’ll find useful!
Dark circles – they’re inescapable in today’s world where you have to pull all-nighters to finish that college paper, or send more than a dozen emails for work. They leave you with purple bruises under your eyes that can be scary, not to mention make your whole face look tired and haggardly.
If you see those purple bruises staring back at you in the bathroom mirror one morning, try a homemade eye mask for dark circles. It’s sure to greatly reduce the severity of your dark circles and with consistent use, for 5-7 days, your dark circles will have vanished!
Homemade Eye Mask for Dark Circles – 6 Recipes
Below, find 6 homemade eye masks for dark circles. They are so simple to make yet very effective!
1. Cucumber Eye Mask
Cucumbers are classic eye masks that have been used since ages ago to solve puffy and dull eyes. They also work for dark circles because they are natural astringent that shrink blood vessels. They also soothe swollen and puffy skin. Applying cucumber slices to your eyes also refreshes and cools them.
- How to Use: Cut two thin slices of a cucumber then lie down and place them over your eyes for 7-14 minutes. You can also cut them in half-moon shapes and put them on your under eye area.
2. Potato Eye Mask
Potatoes have natural bleaching or skin lightening properties that help fade away dark circles. Also, the starch in them is said to have anti-inflammatory properties that reduce inflammation and soothe skin. Just like cucumbers, potatoes also cool and refresh tired eyes.
- How to Use: Cut two slices of a potato and place them over your eyes, while lying down. Remove them after 7-14 minutes.
3. Milk Eye Mask
Milk is also helpful for diminishing dark circles! It has skin lightening abilities as well as skin tightening effects. You can use it effectively to get rid of bruise-like dark circles.
- How to Use: Pour 2 tbsp of whole milk in a small bowl. Now using a cotton ball, apply the milk onto your under eyes then leave it on for 10 minutes. Rinse off with cold water.
4. Parsley Eye Mask
A common herb used to garnish dishes, parsley is a surprising but effective remedy for dark circles. That’s because it has skin lightening properties. It not only helps diminish dark circles but also blemishes, dark spots and hyperpigmentation!
- How to Use: Get 1 tbsp of fresh parsley and crush it in a mortar and pestle with a little water. Now gently apply the parsley paste on your under eye area. Leave it on for 10-15 minutes then rinse off. Repeat every morning until your dark circles have disappeared. They’ll be sure to go within 3-5 days of application!
5. Lemon Juice Eye Mask
Lemon juice is a natural astringent which tightens skin and shrinks blood vessels. It also has skin lightening abilities so it’s good for reducing dark circles.
- How to Use: In a small bowl, add 1 tsp water and 1 tsp lemon juice. Mix well and apply the solution on your under eye area using a cotton ball. Leave it on for 15 minutes then rinse off with cold water.
6. Cottage Cheese Eye Mask
You’ll be surprised to find out that cottage cheese is another popular remedy for dark circles. Use a cottage cheese eye mask 15 minutes before you got to bed and you’ll see results the next morning when you wake up!
- How to Use: Cut two cotton pads into two. Place a small amount of cottage cheese in the half-moon pads then put them on your under eye area, when you lie down. Leave it for 15 minutes then rinse off with cold water. Go to sleep and check your dark circles the next day, they will have greatly diminished!
Try any homemade eye mask for dark circles and come share your results!