Make this nourishing egg yolk face mask for beautiful skin!
Egg yolk is especially nourishing to skin as it is rich in healthy fat, water, multivitamins and minerals. It is a great water binding agent as it contains significant amounts of water and fatty acids. For dry skin, egg yolk is very beneficial as it will lock moisture into dry skin cells, leaving your skin feeling oh so soft.
The amount of vitamin A in egg yolk is also said to be important for curing acne as most acne sufferers have lower mean serum concentrations of retinol (vitamin A). With this egg yolk face mask, you can nourish, hydrate, lubricate and repair your skin naturally!
Check out the nutrients in egg yolk and their benefits for skin!
Nutrients in Egg Yolk for Beautiful Skin
- Protein – Protein is the building block of skin tissue. It maintains the skin’s elasticity, thereby delaying premature sagging of skin.
- Vitamin A – Vitamin A will moisturize and heal dry itchy and flaky skin. Vitamin A also promotes skin repair and regeneration.
- B-vitamins – B-vitamins are powerful antioxidants that will ward off free radicals from damaging skin cells. It provides anti aging, anti-inflammatory and hydrating benefits for skin. Egg yolk is rich in B-vitamins which will promote youthful skin.
- Zinc – Best mineral for acne suffers. Topical application of zinc will cure acne and prevent further acne. Zinc is effective in killing off acne germs and bacteria.
- Healthy fat – Healthy fat is necessary to maintain smooth soft and supple skin. It will hydrate and lubricate your skin. Healthy fats are excellent in nourishing dry flaky skin.
Now we know the amazing benefits of the egg yolk face mask, aren’t you itching to apply it on your face?! I am!
- One egg yolk
How to Make the Egg Yolk Face Mask
1. Carefully crack an egg so that you don’t break the egg yolk. Next, separate the egg yolk from the white and place it in a small bowl.
2. Using a fork, whisk the egg yolk until it looks creamy.
3. Your final face mask should look like this. It’s now ready for application!
- Put on an old T-shirt before applying the face mask because it can be very drippy.
- Do facial steaming before hand to get the most out of this egg yolk face mask. Facial steaming will open up your pores and allow the nutritious egg yolk to penetrate deep.
- If you’ve got excess egg yolk after applying it onto your face, store it in the fridge. You can use it for up to 3 days. If it starts smelling funky, don’t use it! Throw it away instead.