Having trouble with thinning hair? You need to try out this easy DIY scalp scrub for hair growth. Because sometimes, exfoliating the dead cells and product build-up on the scalp is just what you need to stimulate hair growth!
Looking for Hair Growth?
Looking for hair growth? Look no further than your scalp!
The health of your scalp is very vital to the health of your hair, yet it is often overlooked!
There are many reasons why the state of your scalp could be hindering your hair growth, including:
- Dandruff on the scalp
- Dry scalp
- Dirt, grime, pollution on the scalp
- Product build up on the scalp (from shampoo, hair spray etc)
- Acne, pimples, scabs on the scalp
- Poor blood circulation to the scalp
This could be it! Cleansing and detoxing your scalp will provide a great foundation for hair growth. This DIY scalp scrub for hair growth may be just the thing to kick-start your hair growth efforts.
DIY Scalp Scrub for Hair Growth Using Natural Ingredients
If you’re serious about hair growth, this diy scalp scrub for hair growth is just what you need!
Here are the benefits of the ingredients that we will be using in this recipe:
» Cinnamon powder – Highly alkaline, detoxes the scalp, exfoliates the scalp, removes dandruff stuck to the scalp, cleanses the scalp
» Apple cider vinegar – Probiotic, balances the pH of the scalp, antibacterial, detoxifies the scalp, gets rid of dandruff
» Rose water – Rose water is a flower hydrosol, which is rich in vitamin C and has cooling properties that help remove excess heat from the body. Excess heat has been known to be a cause for hair loss according to Eastern medicine.
» Essential oils – Essential oils such as vetiver and cedarwood have been studied and found to be very effective at reversing hair loss and promoting hair growth. Peppermint oil stimulates blood flow to the scalp, allowing nutrients and oxygen to nourish the hair follicles and promote growth.
How to Make DIY Scalp Scrub for Dandruff
What you need:
For the scrub:
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon powder (get it here)
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar (get it here)
- 2 teaspoons of rose water (get it here)
- 2 drops of lavender oil (get it here)
- 2 drops of vetiver oil (get it here)
- 2 drops of peppermint oil (get it here)
- In a bowl, combine the cinnamon powder, rose water, plain water and essential oils until thoroughly mixed.
- Apply this scrub preferably in your bathroom so you don’t make a mess.
- Wet your hair slightly and rub in the scrub in all areas of your scalp.
- Now gently massage the scrub into your scalp.
- Allow the mask to sit for at least 10 minutes. In this time you can be dry brushing your body or doing a full body oil massage.
- You will feel a tingling feeling as the cinnamon and essential oils encourage blood flow to your scalp. This is perfectly normal.
- Wash off the scrub using a mild sulfate-free shampoo. Or, if you’re like me and avoid shampoo, just rinse off with plenty of water, or use one of these natural shampoo alternatives.
- Drinking plenty of water is vital for a moisturized and dandruff-free scalp.
- Eat plenty of omega-rich foods such as almonds, sea fish like salmon, chia seeds, flax oil and more. This will keep your scalp healthy and promote hair growth.
- Use this diy scalp scrub for hair growth 1 – 2 times a week.