Treat your lips to a nourishing DIY hemp seed oil lip balm recipe that’s moisturizing and healing!
Hemp seed oil is very nourishing, without being too greasy on the skin. It’s obtained by cold pressing hemp hearts, also known as hemp seeds. These seeds are edible and filled with essential fatty acids that are good for you!
A hemp seed oil lip balm recipe is just the thing you need to keep your lips soft, smooth and kissable this winter!
Try this simple recipe out and let me know how things go! Note: I’d have loved to add raw honey or manuka honey to this recipe but because I’m using beeswax, I know the honey will not combine well if used. If you also like DIY lip balm recipes with honey, try my fav Homemade Shea Butter Lip Balm with Raw Honey! Yum!
Okay, onto the DIY hemp seed oil lip balm recipe!
DIY Hemp Seed Oil Lip Balm Recipe
What you need
- 1.5 tsp beeswax (where to get it)
- 2.5 tbsp shea butter (where to get it)
- 1 tsp hemp seed oil (where to get it)
- 10 drops sweet orange oil (where to get it)
- Double boiler (where to get it)
- Round salve tin (where to get it) or lip balm tubes (where to get it)
- Begin by melting down the shea butter and beeswax pastilles to liquid form. All you need to do is place it in a double boiler over low heat on the stove top.
- Once it liquefies, remove from heat, let it cool for 2 minutes then stir in the hemp seed oil and sweet orange essential oil.
- Pour the mixture into a round salve tin or lip balm tubes. Make sure it isn’t hot so you don’t melt down the plastic tubes!
- Let the lip balms set in the refrigerator for 15 minutes then they’re ready to use!
- Keep a tube in your purse, bathroom cabinet, backpack, jacket pocket, etc etc. It’s so handy to take one with you wherever you go. This way, you can quickly apply some when your lips feel dry and chapped.
Please go ahead and try this DIY hemp seed oil lip balm recipe! xoxo