The Most Nutrient-Rich Salt in the World
Not all salt is created equal. The title of the most superior quality of salt in the world belongs to Himalayan pink salt.
Himalayan pink salt is said to be the purest salt in the world. This is because of its location, the Himalayan mountain range, where the high altitudes and cold climes make the salt pristine, pure, oxygen-rich and nutrient-rich.
The salt is said to contain over 80 different minerals and trace elements, which are needed for daily basic functions of the body.
Beauty Benefits of Himalayan Pink Salt
Some of the beauty benefits of Himalayan salt include:
- Balancing of the skins pH
- Detoxifying the skin
- Softening the skin
- Toning the skin
- Treating acne
- Exfoliating the skin
To read more exciting beauty benefits of Himalayan salt, please head over to this article: 10 Beauty Benefits of Himalayan Pink Salt
Can I Use Himalayan Pink Salt on My Face?
It’s only natural to understand that such a nutritious salt is very good for skin, both taken internally and applied externally!
When applied to the skin, the salt’s many minerals penetrate into the skin. Once they reach deep within the pores, the salt’s elements cleanse, detox and nourish the skin cells.
Some of the ways in which Himalayan salt can be used on your skin, include:
- Facial mists
- Face scrubs
- Body scrubs
- Detox baths
To find out how to make your own Himalayan salt toner, read: DIY Himalayan Salt Facial Toner
How to Use Himalayan Salt on Your Face
To activate the numerous minerals and trace elements found in Himalayan salt, it must first be combined with purified water. You can use filtered tap water, mineral water or distilled water for this purpose.
So here’s the basic recipe for pampering your skin with precious goodness:
- 1 teaspoon of fine grain Himalayan salt crystals (where to get it)
- ¼ cup of distilled water (where to get it)
You’ll also need cotton pads (where to get it)
- Get one teaspoon of Himalayan salt and ¼ cup of purified water. Mix them both in a non-reactive bowl, such as a small glass container.
- Now stir vigorously until most of the salt is dissolved. Allow this mixture to rest for 5 minutes and then stir again. This will ensure that all the salt gets dissolved properly.
- Dip clean cotton pads into the salt solution and gently apply these cotton pads to your face.
- Leave this solution to work on your face for 10 – 30 minutes.
- Wash off and continue your skin care routine as usual.
- What you’ve made is basically a toner, and it can be applied by spritzing onto your skin using a spray bottle, as well!
- You can make a batch and store it for 1 week or more, depending on the purity of water used. Distilled water is the best.
Caution When Using Himalayan Salt on Your Face
- The skin on your face is thinner that the skin on your body, making it more sensitive to skin treatments.
- While Himalayan salt is non-allergenic, everyone is different, so you might have a negative reaction to it. In order to make sure that you are not allergic to it, simply do a patch test by applying a solution of the salt onto your inner elbow. After 12 – 24 hours, check to see that you do not have any swelling, redness, itching or rash. If all is well, that means you are not allergic to it and can use it safely!
- Those with sensitive skin, should dilute the salt twice as much before applying it onto their face.
- If you have dry skin, you may want to stay away from Himalayan salt because it tends to dry out the skin. This same quality makes the salt great for oily or greasy skin, though!
- For use as facial scrubs, please make sure you are using the fine-textured salt, and not the coarse one! Also, be gentle when rubbing your face with salt, since it can be abrasive.