Are you on a mission to be a chemical-free beauty? If you’ve began ditching conventional beauty products such as shampoo, lotion, sunscreen, etc, here’s a list of the only products you’ll ever need to begin a clean, minimal and organic beauty routine. Start your all natural and frugal beauty journey with Nature’s own ingredients!
Natural Beauty Essentials
Below are the must-have natural ingredients for your beauty pantry! In fact, these might be the only ingredients you ever need for your whole beauty routine!
- Apple Cider Vinegar, raw, organic, 32 oz (Use: detox drink, hair cleansing, hair rinses & facial toning)
- Baking Soda, 1lb (Use: scalp cleanser, itchy skin soother, deep pore cleansing)
- Coconut Oil, extra virgin, 32 oz (Use: oil cleansing, hair growth booster, moisturizes skin, heals itchy & inflammatory skin conditions, etc)
- Colloidal Oatmeal, extra fine, 1lb (Use: cleanses skin, soothes inflammatory skin conditions, calms acne, relaxing bath)
- Honey, organic, 1lb (Use: facial cleansing, skin soother, natural shampoo, itchy scalp, anti-acne, heals inflammation)
- Lavender Essential Oil, therapeutic grade, 1 oz (Use: hair & facial cleansing, skin soother)
- Liquid Castile Soap, unscented, 32 oz (Use: hair and skin cleansing, use in place of soap)
- Tea Tree Essential Oil, therapeutic grade, 1 oz (Use: dandruff, itchy scalp, acne buster, clogged pores)
- Rose Water, organic, 4 oz (Use: hydrates skin, refreshes tired and overheated skin, body splash, natural perfume, hair spritz)
Natural Butters & Wax
If you’re a fan of body butters/lotions, need that extra moisturization or are caring for sensitive skin (e.g. eczema, psoriasis, etc) then you need nourishing butters such as the ones below. My go-to natural butter is shea butter!
- Avocado Butter, unrefined, raw, 1lb
- Beeswax pellets, yellow, certified organic (Use: for making DIY beauty products like lotions, deodorant, creams, salves, lip balms, etc)
- Kokum Butter, raw, 1lb
- Cocoa butter, unrefined, organic, food grade, 1.1lb
- Mango Butter, pure, 1lb
- Shea butter, unrefined, ivory, 1lb
I enjoy using flower waters as body splashes, refreshing toners, skin hydrators, refreshing tired skin, keeping makeup looking dewy instead of cakey, soothing sunburned skin, cooling overheated skin, natural perfume, mood up-lifters and so on! My go-to flower waters are rose water and orange blossom water!
Clays, Powders & Herbs
Make herbal infusions, anti-aging products, facial cleansers, non-sudsy shampoos and detox face masks using the ingredients below! My favorite ingredients out of all the ones below are aloe vera, arrow root starch, bentonite clay, activated charcoal and dried rose petals!
- Aloe vera, pure, 12 oz (Use: skin soother, moisturizer, hair growth promoter, anti-aging, anti-acne, cools sunburns, etc)
- Arrowroot Starch, 1lb (Use: dry shampoo, skin soother, makes DIY products silky, homemade body powder)
- Activated Charcoal, 100 capsules (Use: DIY mascara, detox face mask, anti-acne)
- Bentonite Clay, 16 oz (Use: detox face mask, facial cleanser, exfoliant)
- Chamomile Flowers, organic, dried, 1lb (Use: facial cleansing, salves, body oils, skin soother, bath ingredient)
- Calendula Flowers, dried, 1lb (Use: soothe inflammatory skin conditions, body oil, salve, cream)
- Lavender flowers, dried, 1lb (Use: bath ingredient, skin soother, body oil, stress-relief, skin and hair cleanser)
- Rhassoul Clay (Use: exfoliant, skin cleanser, face mask ingredient, natural shampoo)
- Rose petals, organic, dried (Use: skin cleanser, bath ingredient, body oil, salve, etc)
- Vegetable Glycerine (Use: moisturizer, skin soother, sealant)
- Yucca Root Powder, 4 0z (Use: natural scalp & hair cleanser)
- Zinc Oxide Powder (Use: for making DIY sunscreen)
A list of common carrier oils you’ll need in your natural beauty routine. My favorites are olive oil, coconut oil, sweet almond oil and jojoba oil.
- Argan Oil, 4 oz (Use: acne prone skin, powerful anti-aging, moisturization, silky skin, smooth conditioned hair)
- Apricot Kernel Oil, 16 oz
- Avocado Oil, edible, 4 oz (Use: intense moisturization, for dry skin and frizzy hair)
- Coconut Oil, 32 oz (Use: all-purpose beauty oil)
- Fractionated Coconut Oil, 16 oz (Use: for roll-on blends)
- Grapeseed Oil, 16 oz (Use: light consistency, good for oily/acne prone skin)
- Hemp Seed Oil, 24 oz
- Jojoba Oil, 4 oz (Use: for sensitive skin)
- Macadamia Nut Oil, 16 oz
- Olive Oil, extra virgin, 25.4 fl.oz (Use: damaged hair, itchy, flaky and dry skin)
- Rosehip Oil, 1 oz (Use: great for anti-aging and preventing wrinkles)
- Sweet Almond Oil, 16 oz (Use: good hair oil and for acne prone skin)
- Wheatgerm Oil, 16 oz (Use: for dry flaky skin and softening rough patches e.g. elbows and knees)