Can you use lemon juice and coconut oil for hair growth? Yes, you can! Take a look at how they help and how to use them!
One of the easiest hair growth remedies you can whip up in the comfort of your own kitchen is lemon juice + coconut oil. Mixing up lemon juice and coconut oil gives you a tropical citrus cream that promises abundant hair growth! But how do these ingredients work? Let’s get to know below:
- Lemon juice – I mostly use lemon juice for getting rid of dandruff, in my egg hair masks to cover the egg smell, for hair lightening & to eliminate greasy hair. I was delighted to find that it also helps stimulate hair growth! Lemon juice cleanses the scalp and is a natural disinfectant which fights off germs & scalp irritants that can cause hair loss. It also keeps the scalp free from excess oils & dandruff that clog up follicles and inhibit hair growth!
- Coconut oil – South Indian women have been using coconut oil as a hair growth oil for centuries! They have long black and shiny hair which is all because of coconut oil’s magical hair beautifying properties! Coconut oil easily penetrates into the scalp because of its MCTs (Medium Chain Triglycerides) that have small molecular structures. I like to mix coconut oil with an egg as a hair growth mask but you can also mix it up with lemon juice as we shall see in this post!
Recipe: Lemon Juice and Coconut Oil for Hair Growth
Here’s a nice recipe you can follow that uses lemon juice and coconut oil for hair growth. It also fights dandruff, keeps the scalp healthy and promotes shiny hair!
I added peppermint essential oil because it cleanses, soothes & refreshes the scalp plus aids in hair growth too!
Note: Make sure you’re not allergic to any of the ingredients used by carrying out a patch test!
What you need:
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (where to buy)
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 drops peppermint essential oil (where to buy)
- Small mixing bowl & spoon
- Into a small mixing bowl, add 2 tbsp of coconut oil. You can use the creamy coconut oil or liquid coconut oil – it’s your choice but I prefer the creamy one.
- Now add 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice and 4 drops peppermint essential oil.
- Mix well with a spoon to form a well combined mixture.
- Section your hair and apply the mixture all over your scalp.
- Leave it on for at least 30 minutes with your hair in a shower cap.
- When the time is up, rinse off then wash your hair with a natural sulfate-free shampoo. Use a leave-in conditioner such as our Green Tea Leave-in Conditioner!
Are you going to try using lemon juice and coconut oil for hair growth?