Did you know you can make your own sugar scrubs at home? You never have to buy them! It’s so easy to make all kinds of flavors of sugar scrubs at home. I’m a big fan of citrus sugar scrubs. This lime salt sugar scrub just blew my mind! Salt in a sugar scrub?! Sounds crazy, I know. But trust me on this one, it’s so good, you’re going to love it!
Even when I was making this scrub right before my shower, the scent of lime just invigorated my senses and boosted my mood. The whole room smelled like a 5 star spa. Honestly I’d call this scrub a perfect at home spa scrub. You’ll feel like you’re at the spa when using this lime salt sugar scrub.
Apart from boosting your mood through aromatherapy, sugar scrubs are known to have many benefits like exfoliating your skin, removing dead cells and smoothening rough skin. Sugar contains glycolic acid which also brightens your skin tone.
Honey is also excellent for skin care. It hydrates and humectifies your skin making it softer and plumper. Lime, like lemon, is also an excellent skin care ingredient which brightens dark spots.
Many people also like using salt scrubs because salt is known to detoxify the skin when applied topically. But it can be drying for some people so you can add coconut oil for moisturizing or skip the salt altogether.
How To Make a Sugar Scrub Homemade Lime Salt Sugar Scrub
It’s so easy to make this sugar scrub. Feel free to replace lime with any other citrus fruit like lemon, orange or grapefruit!
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup sea salt
- Rind of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Juice of 2 lime
- Optional: 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Get a clean container. You can recycle any plastic container or use a glass jar.
- Pour in ½ cup white sugar. You can also use brown sugar.
- Next add in your sea salt. I’m using dead sea salt here.
- Grate only the skin of 2 limes. Put the grated lime rind into your container.
- Now add in your honey. Depending on the thickness of your honey, you may need to add more or less.
- Finally add in the juice of the limes.
- You can choose to add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil for a moisturizing body scrub.
- Now mix thoroughly.
- Your lime salt sugar scrub is now ready for use. Store in the refrigerator for up to a month.
How to Apply Your Sugar Scrub
Get into the shower and get a large scoop of your sugar scrub. Plop it onto your arm and begin gently massaging it in circular motions along your whole arm. Do the same for your next arm and also your legs and thighs. Then begin applying on your chest, abdomen and back. Allow the scrub to rest on your skin for just 2 – 3 minutes. Then wash off and do your usual shower routine. Your skin will be so soft. Only do this once a week.