Learn how to make a DIY vegetable glycerin face moisturizer for oily/acne prone skin types!
If you’ve got oily or acne prone skin, I totally understand why you’d fear applying oil/butter based moisturizers on your face. Most of them clog your pores up and leave you looking greasy. Not to mention, they can lead to breakouts!
There are some water-based face moisturizers out there in the market, but of course they come with a slew of other unnecessary chemical ingredients. These added ingredients end up drying your face. And this makes your skin go into an overdrive producing more oils which end up making you a Grease Face. Ugh.
Not to worry though, you can DIY your own water-based face moisturizer, which is sure to keep your skin moisturized without drying it up! Welcome this DIY vegetable glycerin face moisturizer!
Beauty Benefits of Vegetable Glycerin
Vegetable glycerin has lots to offer for beautiful skin. Here are just some of its beauty benefits for skin care:
- Balances oily skin
- Is non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores)
- Seals moisture into dry skin
- Prevents acne breakouts
- Cools down inflamed and red skin
- And more!
Read my post on 20 Beauty Benefits of Vegetable Glycerin for more juicy info!
Okay, now let’s head onto the DIY Vegetable Glycerin Face Moisturizer recipe:
DIY Vegetable Glycerin Face Moisturizer
Note: I’ve used argan oil in this recipe and it’s important for moisturizing. Don’t worry about it being an oil. It’s non comedogenic (doesn’t clog pores) so it won’t affect oily/acne prone skin! 🙂
What you need
- 4 tsp aloe vera gel (where to get it)
- 2 tsp vegetable glycerin (where to get it)
- 1 tsp argan oil (where to get it)
- 7 drops lavender essential oil (where to get it)
- Disc top dispenser bottle (where to get it)
- Bowl & whisk for mixing
- Small funnel (where to get it)
- Into a bowl, add the aloe vera gel, vegetable glycerin, argan oil and lavender essential oil.
- Stir everything together using a whisk till you get a well combined mixture.
- Pour the mixture into your disc top dispenser bottle using a small funnel.
- Ta-da! Your DIY vegetable glycerin face moisturizer is ready! Store in a cool dry place.
- To use, press a little onto your palm, rub both palms together and apply on your clean face. You can use it after toning. For best results, use it right after washing your face when your skin is still wet, then pat dry. This will seal moisture right in!
Hope you find this DIY Vegetable Glycerin Face Moisturizer Recipe useful! Come share your results xoxo!