For those with dry flaky skin, a DIY shea butter face scrub recipe is your best bet to moisturized skin! It’s moisturizing, exfoliating and nourishing. It will plump up dry skin cells and seal moisture into them. For this face scrub recipe, we shall use three ingredients only. But they’re more than enough to provide you a luxurious facial care session!
Let’s look at the benefits of each ingredient we shall be using:
What Each of the Ingredients Does
♥ Brown sugar – This kind of sugar is light, soft and has a really mild abrasive texture. That’s why it’s good for facial skin. It gently scrounges off dead cells, dirt and grime from the skin’s surface and also within the pores.
♥ Shea butter – A good emollient, shea butter softens skin and moisturizes it. It leaves your face feeling smooth and moisturized. It’s also rich in vitamins that nourish skin and rejuvenate skin cells.
♥ Lavender oil – A soothing essential oil, lavender oil is known for its calming properties. It’s good for reducing inflammation and irritation. It’s also good for acne prone skin due to its antibacterial properties.
Okay, now that we know the goodies in this shea butter face scrub recipe and their benefits, let’s get on with the recipe!
DIY Shea Butter Face Scrub Recipe
What you need
- 1 tsp brown sugar (where to get it)
- ½ tsp shea butter (where to get it)
- 2 drops lavender oil (where to get it)
- Small bowl and spoon
- Begin by dumping all the ingredients into the small bowl.
- Mash and mix well with the spoon till creamy.
- Your DIY shea butter face scrub is ready for use!
- To use, first wet your face. Then scrub it on your face using gentle circular motions for a minute.
- Rinse off with warm water first, then cold water.
- Pat dry with a soft towel and that’s it! Yup, there’s no need to moisturize your face!
This DIY shea butter face scrub is bound to leave your skin feeling and looking amazing. Let me know how it worked for you!