These days, men love their beards. There’s no denying that they’re so manly and appealing. That is, if groomed well. And what better way to groom your beard than using a DIY shea butter beard balm?!
It’s very easy to make, moisturizing, softening, promotes healthy growth and most of all WORKS! You won’t feel like you’re greasing your beard up because after you apply it, your beard will feel soft and look sexy!
Why without beeswax? First off, if you’re vegan, you can’t use beeswax. Secondly, this Gift from the Bees, though awesome, can leave your beard feeling heavy, greasy and maybe icky. Trust me on this one.
Okay so here’s the recipe:
DIY Shea Butter Beard Balm Recipe
Note: This shea butter beard balm won’t be as firm as when you make it with beeswax. But it has a better consistency and feels refreshing not greasy.
What you need
- 2 tbsp shea butter (where to get it)
- 1 tsp aloe vera gel (where to get it)
- Round salve tin (where to get it)
- Blender (where to get it)
Optional for Scent:
- 2 drops cedarwood essential oil (where to get it)
- 2 drops lemongrass essential oil (where to get it)
- 2 drops lavender essential oil ( (where to get it)
- Blend all the above ingredients together then pour into the salve tins.
- Let it harden in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- And it’s ready for use! Simply get a suitable amount on your index finger, rub it between your palms and smooth over your beard. Then groom as usual. You can use this Dual Action Beard Comb, if you haven’t heard of it already. It does a great job in making a fine looking beard!
- Enjoy your well groomed and moisturized beards, gentlemen!
- If you don’t use a blender, then use a large mixing bowl and a whisk. Whisk up the ingredients for about 3 minutes then pour into the salve tin.
- You can choose to leave out the essential oils. But a well groomed beard also has to smell nice, don’t you agree?
- Don’t leave the balm in a hot place or it might melt down on you. It’s best stored in a cool dry place.
Do try this beard balm recipe out and come share your results!