Soften your hair and make it silkier by using this DIY shampoo with argan oil!
Argan oil is a luxurious oil only found in Morocco. It has been used by Moroccan women since centuries ago for its amazing beauty benefits! I’ve written about them here: 14 Beauty Benefits of Argan Oil for Skin, Hair & More
This smooth golden oil is especially touted for its hair benefits. It naturally conditions hair, makes it silky and softens rough hair. It’s also gentle and nourishing for the scalp. Some of the nutrients found in argan oil include:
Let’s get right onto the recipe, shall we?!
DIY Shampoo with Argan Oil Recipe
What you need
- ¼ cup baby unscented liquid castile soap (where to get it)
- 1 tbsp pure argan oil (where to get it)
- ½ cup distilled water (where to get it)
- 5 drops lavender essential oil (where to get it)
- 7 drops geranium essential oil (where to get it)
- 8 oz soap dispenser (where to get it) or old shampoo bottle
- Small funnel (where to get it)
- Into your soap dispenser, pour in the distilled water first with the help of a small funnel.
- Now add your argan oil and then essential oils, drop by drop.
- Finally, pour in the liquid castile soap.
- Close the bottle then shake lightly to form an emulsion. Your DIY shampoo with argan oil is ready! Wasn’t it so easy to create?! Store it in a cool dry place, don’t get water into it. It’ll last a month or a bit more. You can also add ½ to 1 tsp of Vitamin E oil to prolong its shelf life.
- Use as you would normal shampoo. To condition your hair, use a few (2-4) drops of argan oil on your hair length, then rinse off with cold water.
Have fun making and using this DIY shampoo with argan oil! xoxo