Want a recipe for DIY deodorant with bentonite clay? Find one right here!
When I posted one of my fav go-to diy deodorant recipes, a lovely reader told me she added a little clay to it and it was fantastic. I told her I couldn’t wait to get my hands on some clay so I could add some too! You can add any type of clay to your homemade deodorant: kaolin clay, French green clay, fuller’s earth clay and bentonite clay. I chose bentonite clay because it’s highly praised for its powerful detoxifying properties. Let’s see more benefits of bentonite clay for deodorant below:
- Sucks out impurities, toxins and heavy metals from the body and in this case, the underarms.
- Neutralizes body odor.
- Absorbs sweat.
- Keeps skin soft, smooth and healthy.
- Prevents irritation, rashes and bumps.
- Soothes inflammation.
- Reduces redness.
Now we’ve seen the benefits of bentonite clay for deodorant, let’s check out the recipe!
DIY Deodorant with Bentonite Clay
What you need
- 4 ½ tbsp shea butter (where to get it)
- 5 tbsp arrow root powder (where to get it) or corn starch (where to get it)
- 1 tbsp and 1 tsp baking soda (where to get it)
- 1 ½ tsp bentonite clay (where to get it)
- 20 drops essential oil of your choice (I love lemon, eucalyptus, ylang ylang and rose)
- Small non-metal pan and wooden spoon for mixing
- Deodorant tube (where to get it) or clean container (where to get it)
- Place 4 ½ tbsp of shea butter in a small non-metal pan on the stove top. You can use a ceramic pan. Don’t use metal because it makes the bentonite clay lose its potency.
- Gently melt it down over a low heat. Don’t turn up the heat because we don’t want the nutrients to be destroyed with high heat.
- Once melted, turn off the heat and add the baking soda, arrow root powder and bentonite clay.
- Stir well to form a creamy paste then stir in the essential oil of your choice.
- Pour your creamy mixture into deodorant tubes or a glass container. If using a plastic container, then first completely cool your deodorant for 10 minutes. It will become more firm but you can still scrape it into the container.
- That’s it! Your DIY deodorant with bentonite clay is ready! Let it set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before use! If storing in a container, scoop out just a pea-sized amount each and apply on clean underarms.
Please go ahead and make this DIY deodorant with bentonite clay and come share your results with me! xoxo