Wanna know how to make an exfoliating citrus scrub that is all natural and smells wonderful at the same time?! Here’s the simplest recipe! All you need are two ingredients: organic orange peel powder and yogurt! Orange peels are a homemade beauty secret for glowing radiant skin. Since ancient times, South East Asians have been using orange peel powder in their beauty skin recipes to achieve healthy skin. It has an exotic citrusy aroma and is loaded with vitamin C too! Coupled with the moisturizing yogurt, this citrus face scrub is excellent in exfoliating and lubricating dry skin.
- Exfoliates skin. Orange peel powder a mild abrasive texture that will gently exfoliate dead cells, flaky skin, grime and other gunk stuck on the skin. It’s also bursting with vitamin C and citric acid, that is an alpha hydroxy acid, which helps exfoliate skin by dissolving dead cells.
- Minimizes pores. It helps tone and tightening skin thereby minimizing large pores.
- Lightens & Brightens skin. Fade away blemishes, dark spots, acne scars and dark marks using orange peel, which has skin lightening properties.
- Moisturizes skin. Yogurt helps plump up skin by locking moisture, thereby moisturizing and preventing dry skin.
- Prevents acne. The anti bacterial properties in yogurt help fight off acne-causing germs.
- Fades acne scars & blemishes. With regular use, yogurt helps gradually fade away acne scars, dark marks and even out pigmentation due to its skin lightening properties.
- 2 teaspoons of orange peel powder (buy here)
- 1 ½ to 2 teaspoons of plain Greek yogurt
1. In a small bowl, add 2 teaspoons of orange peel powder and 1 ½ teaspoons of yogurt.
2. Mix well to form a soft paste and it’s ready!
How to apply the citrus face scrub for dry skin
- Make sure your face is clean and dry.
- Using clean fingers, scoop up the citrus face scrub mixture and gently scrub it on your cheeks, chin, nose and forehead. Leave out the areas around your mouth and eyes as skin here is thin and can easily stretch and form fine lines.
- Leave it on for about 2 minutes for the citric acid to do its exfoliating magic. You can also leave it on as a mask for longer if you want deeper skin cleansing treatment especially if you’ve got clogged pores!
- Gently rinse off with warm water first to remove every bit of the scrub, then with cold water to close off pores.
- Pat dry with a soft towel. Moisturize with a pea-sized amount of shea butter.
Here’s how you can make your own homemade orange peel powder for glowing skin.
Take Care: Please ensure you are not allergic to orange peels or yogurt before using them on your skin. Also, this is very important – only buy organic pesticide-free oranges to make your own DIY orange peel powder!