Detox your scalp using this DIY activated charcoal scalp treatment!
Activated charcoal is a popular natural beauty ingredient nowadays. It’s praised for its incredible detoxifying effects! It sucks out all kinds of gunk in the hair follicles, like grime, dead cells, stale oils, pollution, dandruff and even toxins. This leaves your scalp & hair follicles deeply cleansed, promoting growth of healthy long and strong hair!
Without further ado, let’s check out how to make an activated charcoal scalp treatment!
DIY Activated Charcoal Scalp Treatment
What you Need
- 2 tbsp bentonite clay (where to get it)
- 3-4 tbsp rose water (where to get it)
- 2 capsules activated charcoal (where to get it)
- 2 drops rosemary essential oil (where to get it)
- 2 drops peppermint essential oil (where to get it)
- Non-metal mixing bowl & spoon
- Shower cap (where to get it)
- Into a plastic/ceramic/wooden mixing bowl, dump in 2 tbsp of bentonite clay. Do not use metal bowl/spoon because metal makes clay lose its potency.
- Now empty 2 capsules of activated charcoal into the bowl.
- Add 2 drops each of rosemary and peppermint essential oils.
- Finally, slowly by slowly add the rose water while mixing to create a smooth lump-free spreadable paste.
- Once you achieve that consistency, your DIY Activated Charcoal Scalp Treatment is ready for application!
- Take it to the shower with you. Stand over your bathroom sink, section up your hair then slather the scalp treatment all over your scalp till every bit of skin is covered. Use up all the mixture, massaging it on your scalp.
- Now tie up your hair and cover with a shower cap. Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- When the time is up, rinse off the treatment thoroughly in the shower.
- After rinsing it off, shampoo your hair using a natural sulfate-shampoo and conditioner.
- Wrap your freshly washed hair into a T-shirt (this prevents hair breakage).
- Your scalp will feel fresh, healthy and clean!
You can use this DIY activated charcoal scalp treatment once in 2 weeks or once a month to detox your scalp! xoxo