Detox seems to be just another overly-hyped word that has popped up in recent times, and many argue that our bodies carry out the process of detoxification naturally and that there’s no need for us to “detox” by doing this and that. But here’s the catch – more than ever before, humans are actively dumping toxins into their body through processed, chemically preserved and unnatural foods! Further more, never before in history has our breathing air been this polluted with industrial exhaust, vehicle fumes and other air borne wastes. Keeping these in mind, it becomes highly clear that detox is an important activity that needs to be carried out regularly in this day and age. Don’t you agree?!
Green Juice Recipe for Skin, Hair & Beauty | Ginger Parsley Detox Drink
A spicy and refreshing way to cleanse your system, this green juice recipe for skin helps clear out wastes stuck in the intestines, thereby fighting off toxins that lead to hair thinning and dull gray skin. We shall be using three nutrient-rich foods which include: ginger, parsley and apple!
Beautymunsta’s Ingredient Profile
Ginger is an ancient miracle root that has immense health benefits. Today, we are not using ginger as much as we should. Ginger root taken daily can even cure migraines, and taking ginger before or during every meal can increase the efficiency of digestion. Most people today are facing health problems due to poor, inefficient digestion. People have weak, irritable stomachs and clogged stomachs. Poor digestion may lead to constipation, which can cause dull skin, acne and even lead to hair fall! Detoxing the digestive system is a great way to feel refreshed and cleansed instantly. Ginger is the star in this “Ginger Parsley Detox Drink”, but so is the amazing, nutrient packed leaf, Parsley!
Parsley is often used in small quantities just as a topping to ‘decorate’ a platter. Most people toss out the parsley before they begin digging into their meal. What a waste of precious leaf, because even a small quantity of parsley is bursting with active nutrients that can easily be absorbed into the blood. Parsley is one of the top 10 iron rich vegetables available!
To sweeten this detox drink, we’re using another detox heavy weight – apple! You can use red apple or green, or any variety of apple that you have available. Apples are rich in soluble fiber, as well as insoluble fiber, and this of course, will literally help scrape off all the ‘crap’ (pun fully intended) from your intestines. They say “Death begins in the colon,” and constipation is a deadly symptom that is taken far too lightly in our society. Not having regular bowel movements can reintroduce toxins into our blood streams and create imbalances in the natural bacteria in the colon. These toxins often end up erupting out of the body as pus-filled acne and pimples. So don’t omit the apples when making this detox juice!
Here’s a quick summary of the health & detox benefits of all the ingredients in this green juice recipe!
- Ginger – Rich in ‘gingerols’ which actively fight pain and inflammation; rich in ‘zinzerone’, which boosts body’s disease fighting ability; increases digestive ‘fire’; minerals like potassium, manganese, copper, and magnesium.
- Parsley – Rich in Vitamins A, B12, C, and K; rich in iron & folic acid that’s a tonic for your heart; relaxes stiff muscles; encourages good digestion. Parsley clears up the skin by fighting off bacteria and ensuring proper elimination of toxins that can cause acne.
- Apple – Rich in fiber, which promotes regular bowel movements, detoxifies the body, rich in pectins which remove heavy metals from the bod. Apples also help sweep out the colon of wastes & toxins that can build up and lead to acne and hair loss.
Let’s make our Invigorating Green Juice!
The beauty about this green juice recipe for skin & beauty is that you can tweak it however you want, or you can use whatever amounts you want depending on how much of each ingredient you want, or how intense you want it to be! I often add lots and lots of ginger because I just love how it warms me up from within, especially on a cold morning. Better than coffee I say!
This recipe will yield 2 glasses or 1.5 tall glasses (like the ones I’m using). You can chug it down all by yourself, or share it with your bestie. Feel free to double the recipe for more yield.
What you will need
- 1 small ginger root, chopped
- 2 apples
- 1 head of parsley
- Filtered water (if using blender)
- Gather all your ingredients, place them in a colander and wash them thoroughly. Make sure you especially wash your parsley carefully to remove any soil.
- Now, if you have a juicer, all you have to do is to juice up all the ingredients one by one, starting with the ginger root, followed by the parsley and finally the apples.
- If like me, you’re using a blender, no worries! Just chop up your ginger and apples into blender-friendly pieces (as shown in picture) and blend away! Add a little bit of filtered water to help your blender grind better. After everything is blended, simply filter it out using a sieve. I actually used a sieve with large holes so I could get some of the fiber as well.
- Now pour into your serving glasses and add ice, if necessary. I usually use cold apples straight out of my fridge so my drink is already cold and I don’t need to add ice.
Ginger Parsley | Detox Drink – Review
If you try out this recipe, do let me know in the comments below. As for me, I’ve made this several times and each time it tastes different, but one thing is always always constant – it makes me feel ever so refreshed and energized every. single. time.
Ginger is fast becoming my favorite herb because I’m actively seeing its benefits in my life. It’s been healing my pain and making me feel lighter and giving me better digestion. I talk about ginger in Top 10 Pain Killing Foods to Fight Pain.