Can argan oil for skin lightening produce real results? Find out here!
How Argan Oil Works for Skin Lightening
For centuries, Moroccan women have been using argan oil as a cosmetic oil for moisturizing skin as well as maintaining a fair complexion. They believed that regular use of argan oil can lighten dark spots. It is also recommended for removing chicken pox pustule scars, relieving dry skin and smoothing wrinkles.
Argan oil is rich in tocopherols, medium chain fatty acids, carotenoids, oleic acid, Vitamin E and more. The components of argan oil such as carotenoids, fatty acids and tocopherols have depigmenting effects that can help reduce hyperpigmentation and aid in skin whitening & lightening.
Alpha-tocopherol, or more commonly known as Vitamin E, which is present in argan oil, has been shown to possess skin whitening properties.
How to Use Argan Oil for Skin Lightening
You can apply argan oil directly on your skin after cleansing it. Just place 3-4 drops on your palm then massage it on your clean face. Or, better yet, make a DIY Skin Lightening Serum with argan oil as your base ingredient! This skin lightening serum will contain skin lightening ingredients such as essential oils that help fade away dark spots as well as brighten skin complexion! Let’s get on with the recipe!
What you need:
- 2 oz argan oil
- 6 drops lemon essential oil
- 6 drops carrot seed essential oil
- 6 drops sandalwood essential oil
- Small funnel
- 2 oz amber glass dropper bottle
- Using a small funnel, pour 2 oz of argan oil into a 2 oz amber glass dropper bottle.
- Next carefully add 6 drops each of lemon essential oil, carrot seed essential oil and sandalwood essential oil.
- Cap the bottle tightly and roll between your palms to gently combine the ingredients without creating any air bubbles. Air (oxygen) in your serum will make it go rancid quickly.
- Store your serum in a cool dry place.
- Massage 3-4 drops all over your face at night time only. Use only at night time because lemon essential oil is photosensitive and should not be worn when going out in the sun.
Are you ready to indulge in the skin lightening properties of argan oil?!