Hello, beautiful people! I recently shared my night time facial oil for breakout-prone skin that’s also very effective in healing acne scars. Check it out here! Now this week’s beauty how-to is a powerful DIY anti-aging serum that I recommend to anyone 18 years and above! Yes, it’s never too early to start using anti-aging products on your face, especially in this age where stress & tension from school, work and society affects almost everyone and causes premature aging. Even if you notice a few wrinkles around your eyes or mouth, it’s never too late to help smooth them out a bit with this DIY anti-aging serum! Let’s look at the ingredients and how they help:
Beautymunsta’s Ingredient Profile
- Rosehip Oil – Rosehip seed oil is the best carrier oil for anti-aging. It is rich in antioxidants and essential fatty acids including vitamin A which speeds up cell renewal process, vitamin C which boosts collagen production, vitamin E which wards off pro-aging free radicals and linoleic & linolenic acids that lubricate dry skin as well as helps skin retain its natural moisture content.
- Jojoba Oil – One of the most popular skin care carrier oils today, jojoba was used since ancient times by Native Americans for its natural healing ability. They used it to treat wounds, sores and skin infections since it has powerful antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and skin rejuvenating properties. What makes it a great anti-aging oil is its high antioxidant content as well as moisturizing effect. It makes skin soft supple and youthful!
- Grapeseed Oil – With its thin consistency, grapeseed oil can easily be used to moisturize skin of all types without clogging pores. It’s rich in vitamin E and C, which are vital nutrients for smooth, soft and supple skin. It also has powerful anti-inflammatory properties that help soothe inflammation caused by age-related skin problems such as rosacea, shingles and more. Another anti-aging benefit of grapeseed oil is its astringent effect that helps it firm, tone and lift sagging and droopy skin!
- Vitamin E Oil – A powerful antioxidant found in many anti-aging skin care products, vitamin E oil helps fight off wrinkle-causing free radicals, moisturize aging skin, smooth out fine lines, lighten age spots and promote soft and supple skin.
- Geranium Essential Oil – Geranium is the first essential oil I bought! It smells so gorgeous and it’s great for women’s health. It works in balancing hormones and reducing stress and negativity, which are both known to cause premature aging. It doesn’t stop there – geranium is might good when applied topically as well. It’s antioxidant properties fight off wrinkles and fine lines while its moisturizing properties help retain moisture in skin.
- Helichrysum Essential Oil – Incredibly healing in nature, helichrysum is wonderful for mature and damaged skin types. It has skin soothing properties that restore and repair damaged skin while regenerating skin cells. Its antioxidant properties ward off free radicals that steal oxygen from healthy skin cells making them degenerate, lose their elasticity and cause fine lines and wrinkles. If you’re looking for anti-aging essential oils, know that helichrysum should be one of your top picks!
- ½ oz rosehip seed oil (buy here)
- ½ oz jojoba oil (buy here)
- ¼ oz grapeseed oil (buy here)
- 5 drops pure vitamin E oil (buy here)
- 7 drops geranium essential oil (buy here)
- 7 drops helichrysum essential oil (buy here)
- Add all the ingredients in a 2 oz amber/cobalt blue glass dropper bottle.
- Swirl gently to mix.
- Every night before bed, cleanse your face thoroughly then place 4 drops of this DIY anti-aging serum between your palms, rub together and apply on your face and neck for a minute.
- Feel free to substitute grapeseed oil with any other carrier oil of choice. However, if your skin is oily or prone to breakouts, I suggest sticking to grapeseed oil or using another carrier oil with a light consistency such as safflower.
- You could also apply this DIY anti-aging serum in the morning after washing your face.
- Use it consistency to see results. Make sure you never forget to apply it at night time since this is the time your skin heals/repairs itself and the serum can sink in undisturbed.
- Don’t want to use the essential oils mentioned above? Try using frankincense, carrot seed, myrrh, lavender or rose instead.