Bath bombs are exciting bath products that you can DIY in the comfort of your own home! Follow this easy kaolin clay bath bomb recipe for soothing sensitive skin and detoxing your body!
Kaolin clay is also called white clay and it’s particularly good for soothing sensitive skin and helping facial acne. Like all other clays such as bentonite and rhassoul clay, kaolin clay also has detoxifying properties. It absorbs gunk from deep within the pores thereby clearing them out.
Below, find an easy kaolin clay bath bomb recipes that you’ll love!
Kaolin Clay Bath Bomb Recipe
What you need
- 1 tbsp kaolin clay (where to get it)
- ¼ cup citric acid (where to get it)
- ¼ cup baking soda (where to get it)
- ¼ cup powdered milk (where to get it)
- 2 tbsp liquid coconut oil (where to get it)
- Spray bottle with witch hazel (where to get it)
- Large bowl & whisk
- Bath bomb molds (where to get it)
- 30-40 drops of lavender essential oil (where to get it)
- A pair of gloves (where to get it)
- In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients: kaolin clay, citric acid, baking soda and powdered milk.
- Then add the wet ingredients: coconut oil and essential oil and stir well with a whisk.
- When the mixture starts clumping, spray the witch hazel on it while using your gloved hand to gather the mixture and press it into the bath bomb molds.
- Let the mixture dry and harden in the molds for 24 hours.
- Then pop them out of the molds and store in a large container.
- To use, drop a bath bomb in a warm bath and enjoy!
The essential oils you can use are:
- Lavender oil for sensitive skin
- Geranium oil for floral scent
- Peppermint oil to cool down and refresh skin
- Lemon oil for an uplifting citrus scent
- Rosemary oil for a clear herbal invigorating scent