Learn how to drink activated charcoal powder the right way to actually get the detoxifying benefits!
What is Activated Charcoal?
First off, what is activated charcoal? It’s definitely not the coal used to light up your grill for barbeques! This potent substance is something different. It is obtained by heating charcoal made from wood, coconut, peat or coal with very hot air until it gets many microscopic pores on its surface.
These tiny pores are sponge-like, meaning they are extra adsorbent. Adsorbent means it binds to other substances.
Activated charcoal binds to toxins, wastes, impurities and heavy metals from the body.
That’s why activated charcoal capsules are given to people who’ve accidentally ingested poison or overdosed on drugs because it can suck it all up before it has a chance to leave the stomach. Activated charcoal also binds to nutrients if ingested together with food, medication or supplements!
Benefits of Drinking Activated Charcoal Powder
Here are some of the benefits of drinking activated charcoal powder:
- Helps detoxify the body
- Helps in cases of food poisoning
- Prevents hangovers
- Lowers cholesterol levels
- Reduces intestinal gas
- Reduces bloating hence helps slim down your body
- Useful in treating drug overdoses
- Boosts your energy by clearing out toxins and oxidants
Precautions Before Drinking Activated Charcoal Powder
There is a right way to take activated charcoal powder that you must educate yourselves about before chugging down your activated charcoal drink! Here they are:
- If you’re taking medication, supplements, avoid taking activated charcoal powder. It’ll render them useless since it’ll bind to the nutrients/medicinal compounds in those substances.
- Take activated charcoal first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Wait at least 3 hours before eating anything after consuming the activated charcoal.
- Take activated charcoal on an empty stomach.
- Do not take large doses in the hopes that you’ll benefit more this way! No, it doesn’t work that way! Activated charcoal can bind to as much as 100 times its own weight! If you take a lot of it, it can make your detox process harsh and detrimental to your health since it will flush out important nutrients stored in the fat tissues in your body.
- Drinks a lot of water while taking activated charcoal to help flush out the toxins absorbed by and bound to the activated charcoal.
- Just 1-2 capsules added to your Activated Charcoal Juice/Lemonade is enough.
How to Drink Activated Charcoal Powder
The best way to drink activated charcoal powder is by making a simple lemonade. Don’t add activated charcoal powder to green juices because all the precious nutrients in the vegetables and fruits used to make the green juice will not benefit you. That’s because they’ll be absorbed by the activated charcoal!
Here’s my Activated Charcoal Juice/Lemonade Recipe that’s palatable and refreshing too!
How do you drink activated charcoal and how has it benefitted you? Share below!