Are you on the quest for minimal and natural products? Then try this homemade cleanser, toner and moisturizer for dry skin!
Dry skin is uncomfortable to deal with. I mean it gets flaky, tight and even painful at times. The flakiness is just the worst because who likes dead cells plastered all over their skin?!
So today, I’m sharing with you recipes for homemade cleanser, toner and moisturizer for dry skin in particular. The recipes are made with all natural ingredients that offer a ton of benefits for skin. What’s more is that they’ll be gentle yet effective on your dry skin!
Homemade Cleanser, Toner and Moisturizer for Dry Skin
1. Homemade Cleanser
This cleanser is exfoliating + moisturizing so it’ll remove flakiness plus offer deep moisturization to your skin cells.
What you need
- ¼ cup baking soda
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 4 drops lavender essential oil
- Clean container for storage
- Bowl & whisk
- Get a medium sized bowl and dump in ¼ cup baking soda and ½ cup coconut oil.
- Use a whisk to combine everything into a soft white cream.
- Now add 4 drops lavender essential oil and whisk again to distribute the essential oil.
- Scoop up the mixture into a clean container and store in your bathroom cabinet.
- To use, scoop up about a tsp and scrub it onto your face gently.
- Rinse off with tepid water then use the toner below!
2. Homemade Toner
This homemade toner is hydrating and nourishing for dry skin! It’s so simple – only two ingredients! Plus it does smell amazing!
What you need
- Rose water
- 1 tbsp aloe vera gel
- 4 oz spray bottle
- Into a spray bottle, add 1 tbsp aloe vera gel.
- Top off with rose water, cap the bottle and shake well.
- Your homemade toner for dry skin is ready!
- Mist onto your face with your eyes closed right after washing it with the above homemade cleanser.
3. Homemade Moisturizer
This is pretty simple too! We’re going to be whipping up a nourishing and lubricating butter with an equally nourishing oil and healing essential oils to form a lush cream! It also smells HEAVENLY!
What you need
- ½ cup shea butter
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 5 drops ylang ylang oil
- 5 drops neroli oil
- Double boiler
- Hand mixer
- Clean jar for storage
- The first thing to do is gently melt down the shea butter to liquid form. Do this with the help of an double boiler.
- Once melted, add 1 tbsp of avocado oil and stir well.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator to harden up for 15 min.
- When the time is up, get it out and whip it using a hand mixer to a fluffy white cream.
- Add the essential oils then whip again to distribute them evenly into the cream.
- Your homemade moisturizer for dry skin is ready!
- Dot it on your face, while the above toner is still damp on your face, and massage it in.
Follow the above homemade cleanser, toner and moisturizer routine twice a day for healthy, moisturized and supple skin!