This green tea and coconut moisturizer is a POWERFUL anti-aging moisturizer for your face, body and hair. Personally, I like to use it as a body oil and it is so luxurious & lubricating and makes my skin glow! You’ll have so much fun making this simple green tea infused body oil! Check out the ingredients you’ll be working with:
What makes each of the above ingredients special? Find out below!
- Liquid coconut oil – Instead of normal coconut oil that’s solid at room temperature, get liquid or even fractionated coconut oil. We already know how amazing coconut oil is for skin – it’s rich in MCTs (medium chain triglycerides) that have small molecular structures to easily penetrate into skin. Coconut oil nourishes, moisturizes, soothes as well as keeps skin soft, smooth and supple. It contains lauric acid that has antibacterial properties which fight off acne-causing bacteria. Coconut oil sinks deep into the skin and strengthens underlying tissue as well as regenerates skin cells.
- Green tea – Green tea is very rich in antioxidants, polyphenols & catechins that fight off free radicals. Free radicals are notorious unstable molecules that steal oxygen from healthy skin cells, making them lifeless and thereby causing fine lines, wrinkles and even cellulite. Green tea is also a powerful anti-inflammatory that helps reduce puffy skin, under eye bags and soothes inflammatory skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, etc.
- Tea tree essential oil – I’m using tea tree for its well-known antiseptic properties that ward off acne, allergies and other skin infections. It also has astringent properties that help tighten and tone the skin. I also love the scent of tea tree: it smells clean and refreshing with a touch of sweet herbal aroma. The scent calms me and makes me feel fresh!
- Measure and place 7 tbsp of liquid coconut oil into a stainless steel pan.
- Turn on the burner and place the pan over a low flame.
- After about a minute, when the oil is *almost* to smoking point, cut a green tea bag and pour the contents into the oil.
- Turn off the burner and let your green tea coconut oil infusion steep for about 20 minutes.
- Once 20 minutes are done, it should have cooled down completely. Strain your newly made antioxidant-packed green tea and coconut oil moisturizer into a glass jar!
- Now add 5 drops of tea tree essential oil and swirl the jar gently to mix.
- That’s it baby! Get ready for youthful skin from head to toe!
- Store in a cool and dark place. To use as a facial moisturizer, deeply massage just 2 drops on your face after cleansing. For a body moisturizer, lightly rub a dime sized amount all over your whole body after showering for smooth skin.
How to Use it
After showering, towel off then rub a dime sized amount of this on your hand, rub your palms together and massage deeply on your body starting from the shoulders to your feet. Do not use a lot – just a dime sized amount or you’ll end up with greasy skin.
You can also use it as a non-expensive and effective anti-aging facial moisturizer! Since green tea is anti-oxidant-filled, coconut oil is moisturizing while tea tree is skin-tightening, this body oil can also be used on your face to promote youthful and supple-looking skin. As mentioned above, use only 2 drops and massage it deeply onto your face in gentle upward motions. Feel free to use it under makeup as well!
Other Benefits of this Green Tea Body Oil
Not just for anti-aging, this green tea and coconut oil moisturizer also helps:
- Reduce cellulite by stimulating flow of blood and lymph, thereby preventing build-up of toxins which accumulate and cause cellulite.
- Promotes soft and silky skin
- Gets rid of any skin bumps
- Helps tone, tighten and firm skin
- Gives skin a glowing tan
- Protects skin from harmful sun’s rays and free radicals
- Prevents skin infections
Instead of tea tree, you can use geranium essential oil for ultra-nourishment & flowery scent, chamomile essential oil to soothe sensitive skin or lavender essential oil for healthy skin & calming scent.
More Oil-Infused Beauty DIY
♥ Will you try out this incredible anti-aging green tea and coconut oil moisturizer? Share your thoughts below! ♥