If you’re suffering from hyperpigmentation, acne scars, dark spots and dull skin, try evening primrose oil for skin lightening. Many people have had success with it so it might help you as well!
Evening Primrose Oil for Skin Lightening
Evening primrose oil is best known for its hormone-balancing properties. It is a yellow oil extracted from the seeds of evening primrose flowers. It has a heavy consistency and strong scent.
What makes it unique is its rich essential fatty acid content. Evening primrose oil is highly concentrated in Gamma Linoleic Acid (GLA) is which an omega 6 fatty acid. This nutrient is crucial for moisturized, clear, bright and healthy skin.
There’s no scientific evidence that evening primrose oil helps with skin lightening but many anecdotal reports say that it visibly lightens hyperpigmentation in addition to healing hormonal acne.
It also helps reduce dark spots and inflammation as well, which leaves your skin looking clearer and brighter, hence lighter!
How to Use Evening Primrose Oil for Skin Lightening
You can use evening primrose oil for skin lightening internally and externally. But please ensure to first consult a doctor before taking evening primrose oil capsules or applying it on your skin!
To take it internally, consume 500mg two times a day.
For external use, I like piercing an evening primrose oil capsule, squeezing the oil onto my clean fingers then applying the oil onto the face and neck.
But for more effective skin lightening, try this recipe I love! Since evening primrose oil is a thick and heavy oil, I’ve combined it with argan oil, which is another good skin care oil for lightening and brightening the skin! Here’s the recipe:
What you need:
- 2 tbsp evening primrose oil
- 2 tbsp argan oil
- 8 drops lemon essential oil
- 8 drops lavender essential oil
- 5 drops carrot seed essential oil
- Small funnel
- 2 oz amber glass dropper bottle
- Using a small funnel, transfer 2 tbsp each of evening primrose oil and argan into a 2 oz amber glass dropper bottle.
- Next carefully add 8 drops of lemon essential oil, 5 drops carrot seed essential oil and 8 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Screw on the cap tightly and roll the bottle between your palms to gently combine the oils together. Do not shake the bottle to mix the oils because this will create air bubbles that will make your oil go rancid faster. Remember evening primrose oil has a short shelf life of 6 months!
- Store your blend in a cool dry place.
- To use, place 3-4 drops of it on your palm, rub both palms together and gently massage onto clean skin. Use twice a day after washing your face.
Try evening primrose oil for skin lightening and come share your results!