Want skin that glows like the sun? Try this DIY manuka honey scrub!
Glowing skin is something all of us crave. It makes us look beautiful and vibrant. It also signifies good health! Dull, ashy, blemish-filled and pimply skin looks unhealthy and unattractive.
One of the ways we can achieve glowing skin is by regularly exfoliating it. And not with just any store-bought scrub – handcraft your own scrubs because hello – it’s as easy as making yourself an omelet! It’s also cheaper, healthier, smells better (not artificially perfumed) and has a great effect on the skin!
The best part? You will only need a FEW ingredients. Like in this DIY manuka honey scrub, we’re only going to be using four ingredients. The fourth ingredient is even totally optional! How awesome can this get! Wait till you make this scrub and you’ll be raving about it just like me!
DIY Manuka Honey Scrub for Glowing Skin
What you need
- ½ cup of manuka honey (where to get it)
- ¼ cup of soft brown sugar (where to get it)
- 1 tsp vitamin E oil (where to get it)
- 10 drops geranium essential oil (where to get it)
- Wide mouth storage container (where to get it)
- Spoon for mixing
- Simply place all ingredients into your wide mouth storage container then mix it all up using a spoon! You can leave out the essential oil, of you prefer. Or, try adding any others of your fancy! Rose, peppermint, rosemary and ylang ylang are other die-for DIY scrub scents!
- After mixing, you’ll form a nice mixture with an abrasive texture. Store it in a cool dry place. Do not get water into it!
- To use, scoop out ½ tsp using a spoon onto your palm.
- Now rub the scrub all over your wet face in a gentle scrubbing motion for a minute.
- Rinse off with warm water then splash your face with cold water in the final rinse.
- Pat your face dry with a soft face towel. Then tone (if you do) and moisturize your face with a pea-sized amount of shea butter. Shea butter doesn’t clog pores, so it’s safe to use for acne prone and oily skin too!
- If using this scrub for your body, you’ll need about 1-2 tbsp for your whole body. First wet your body, then rub the scrub all over.
You can use this DIY manuka honey scrub every other day to exfoliate your skin and keep it glowing!