The beauty benefits of almond milk are super worth it so go buy yourself organic almond milk or better yet, make your own and enjoy amazing skin, hair & nails!
Almond milk is one of the most popular alternatives to dairy milk for vegans and those who are lactose-intolerant.
It’s great in smoothies, milkshakes, baking, desserts and various other dishes. Almond milk doesn’t just taste nutty and flavorful but it also contains a lot of nutrients including B-vitamins, calcium, iron and protein! These nutrients are great for amazing skin, hair and nails so let’s check out 10 beauty benefits of almond milk!
10 Beauty Benefits of Almond Milk for Skin & Hair
Below are 10 amazing beauty benefits of almond milk for your skin, hair & more!
Almond milk is rich in the flavonoids: catechin, kaempferol and epicatechin, which are powerful antoxidants. They protect skin cells from oxidizing and dying off by fighting off free radicals that cause this. This prevents premature wrinkles and fine lines on your skin!
- Almond Milk Spritz: If you want your face to look soft and supple always, keep a 4 oz spray bottle filled with unsweetened unflavored almond oil. Spritz the milk on your face with your eyes closed then wipe off the excess with a paper towel. Allow it to soak into your skin cells then rinse off whenever you’re going to wash your face. You can do this overnight!
2. Healthy Hair Growth
It’s no surprise that almond milk is loaded with Vitamin E because almonds themselves have been touted as foods rich in Vitamin E. Vitamin E is very necessary for healthy growth of hair! It nourishes the hair follicles and encourages thicker, stronger and longer hair. Try this hair growth smoothie using almond milk as the base!
- Hair Growth Smoothie: Into a high speed blender, add 1 cup of baby spinach, 1 chopped ripe banana, 1 tbsp chia seeds, ½ cup unsweetened almond milk, ½ cup frozen mixed berries and ice cubes if desired. Add 2 tsp of raw honey to sweeten, if you want to. Blend till smooth. Enjoy!
3. Rejuvenates Skin
Dousing your face with almond milk is a wonderful way of rejuvenating it! Almond milk nourishes, softens and moisturizes facial skin, leaving it looking fresh and healthy! You’ve got to apply this rejuvenating facial mask:
- Rejuvenating Facial Mask: Into a small bowl, add 2 tsp colloidal oatmeal or oat powder, 2 tsp almond milk and 2 drops of rose essential oil. Mix well into a smooth paste. Apply it onto your face, avoiding the eyes. After 15 minutes, gently remove the dried mask using warm water then splash your face with cold water. Tone using rose water and moisturize with a pea-sized amount of shea butter!
4. Nourishing Face Wash
You can use almond milk to cleanse your skin! The vitamin E content in it deeply nourishes skin cells and keeps them supple. To wash your face with almond milk, pour some into a bowl, then soak a cotton ball and wipe it all over your face gently. Rinse off with cold water.
5. Skin Lightening Action
Almonds have long been used as skin whitening ingredients, did you know?! Since almond milk comes from almonds, you can use almond milk as well for some skin lightening action! As mentioned in Point 1 above, you can store almond milk in a spray bottle and spritz your face with it to achieve lighter brighter looking skin!
5. Promotes Healthy Strong Nails
Rich in Vitamin E, almonds are something you must eat for healthy, strong and long nails! If you’re not a fan of munching on almonds, then try almond milk! It has a nutty flavor that’s delicious in smoothies and milkshakes!
6. Reduces Acne
For many people, dairy triggers acne. If you suspect cow milk is causing acne for you, then switch to non-dairy milk like coconut milk or almond milk! Make sure to buy almond milk fortified with Vitamin D and calcium so you don’t skimp out on those nutrients found in dairy.
7. Good for Dry Skin
Got dry skin? It’s time to start applying almond milk! It replenishes lost moisture into skin cells and keeps them hydrated! Apply almond milk using a cotton ball, let it dry up then apply moisturize on top for healthy moisturized skin.
8. Conditions Hair
You can also use almond milk directly on your hair for a conditioning effect! It leaves your locks soft, silky and even shiny! For those with dry damaged hair, almond milk nourishes & repairs so try this conditioning hair mask:
- Conditioning Hair Mask: Into a high speed blender, add ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 ripe banana (chopped), 2 tsp raw honey and 7 drops lavender essential oil. Blend till smooth and lump-free. If there are any lumps, use a plastic strainer to remove them. Coat your hair with the hair mask and leave it on for 30 minutes. Rinse off thoroughly with tepid water and enjoy silken strands!
9. Protects & Heals Skin from Sun Damage
Vitamin E is good for renewing skin cells which is good for healing sun burned skin! It also protects skin from sun damage from the inside-out.
10. Soothes Sensitive Skin
For skin that’s sensitive and easily irritated, adding almond milk to your bath is very soothing and healing. Simply add 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk to your warm bath and soak for 15 minutes. You can also directly apply almond milk onto the affected area such as the face or on skin rashes for relief.
How to Make Almond Milk
You can actually make your own almond milk at home! It’s very simple – just add 1 cup of soaked organic almonds (soaked for 1-2 hours in very hot water) with 1 cup of water in a high speed blender then strain through a nut milk bag, add 3 cups of water and voila! You have your own organic unsweetened unflavored almond milk! You can re-milk the almonds to get the most out of them. Use it for both beauty purposes and consumption. For consumption, first sweeten with a natural sweetener of choice like maple syrup and add 1 tsp of vanilla extract or 2 tbsp of cacao powder!
But if you’re busy or DIY isn’t your thing, then you can definitely go ahead and buy organic unsweetened almond milk for consumption purposes! I like Almond Breeze’s Unsweetened Original Almond Milk.
So that’s it! Enjoy the above beauty benefits of almond milk by consuming it regularly and dousing yourself with it too! 😉