Make your own argan oil and egg hair mask to nourish hair follicles, soften rough hair, promote silkiness and make detangling easier! It can be used for all hair types!
Hair masks nourish and rejuvenate hair follicles and strands. They help stimulate hair growth and make hair silky, soft and shiny. When you combine ingredients like argan oil and egg, you’ll create an ultra-nourishing hair mask that’s perfect for all hair types. What makes argan oil and egg so special for hair? Read on below:
Benefits of Argan Oil for Hair
Argan oil is an oil extracted from argan nuts of the Argan tree, only found in Morocco. This oil is precious because it has a comedogenic (pore clogging) rating of zero so it is good for using on hair without clogging up the hair follicles and causing dandruff, itchy scalp and other problems. Argan oil is also rich in nutrients that feed the hair follicles and keep them healthy and functioning well. This nutrient-rich oil is also popularly known to make hair strands silky, soft and shiny!
Benefits of Egg for Hair
Egg is rich in protein, sulfur and fatty acids that strengthen the hair follicles and strands. It is also a natural emulsifier which means it helps bind oils and water together, which cleanses the scalp and hair of excess oils and stale sebum. Egg is also a natural hair conditioner and promotes silky soft and tangle-free hair.
DIY Argan Oil and Egg Hair Mask
What you need
- An egg or two (depending on your hair length and thickness)
- 1 – 2 tsp argan oil (get it here)
- 10 drops lavender essential oil (get it here)
- Mixing bowl and fork
- Crack an egg or two into a mixing bowl and whisk well until the yolk has split and combined with the white.
- Now add the argan oil and lavender oil and whisk again.
- Your argan oil and egg hair mask is ready for application!
How to Apply this Hair Mask
- Take the bowl with the hair mask to the shower with you.
- Section your hair into two.
- Now using an applicator brush or your fingers, scoop up some of the mixture and apply it on your scalp until it’s saturated.
- Then apply on your hair strands.
- Tie up your hair and put on a shower cap to trap heat and allow the mask to penetrate deeper.
- Let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- When the time is up, wash your hair thoroughly using COLD water until all of the hair mask is off. Don’t use hot water because it will cook the eggs in your hair mask.
- Use a good sulfate free shampoo like this Gentle Argan Oil Hair Restorative Shampoo to cleanse your hair and then rinse off with cold water.
- Dry your hair and behold silky soft hair!
- You can use this argan oil and egg hair mask once a week.