Is Vitamin D good for acne? Find out how to reduce acne with Vitamin D.
Vitamin D oil has spectacular benefits when applied on the skin. But have you noticed that those vitamin D skin serums that are available on the market are way too expensive and might just burn a hole in your pocket?
Vitamin D capsules that are meant to be taken orally are way cheaper, right? So naturally, the next question is, can you put vitamin d capsules on your face? Is it safe?
The Benefits of Vitamin D
We were told to shun the sun, but now almost everyone and their mother is being diagnosed with vitamin D deficiency. New research reveals that vitamin D is very critical for all sorts of body functions. Scientists still haven’t catalogued all of the functions that vitamin D plays in our body.
Here are some of the benefits of vitamin D:
- Helps in the assimilation of calcium
- Important for healthy bones and teeth
- Strengthening immune function
- Reducing the growth of cancer cells
- Repair and regeneration of tissue cells
- Reduces the risk of cancer and heart disease
- And more!
Is Vitamin D Good for Acne?
It’s actually safe, easy and much cheaper to use the oil from vitamin D capsules for your facial skin. There are a few guidelines to keep in mind, though, keep reading to find out!
Research indicates that Vitamin D reduces acne by a whopping 35%!
Vitamin D is actually a hormone that is produced in your skin when it comes into contact with sunlight. This important vitamin is crucial for many body processes and functions, some of which are still unknown to scientists.
The benefits of vitamin d when applied onto the skin include:
- Reducing acne and pimples
- Potent anti-aging effects
- Speeds up the healing of damaged cells
- Promotes regeneration of younger, fresher skin cells
- Increases the elasticity of the skin
- Stimulates collagen production
- Reduces age spots and dark spots
- Makes skin radiant and glowing
How to Reduce Acne with Vitamin D
Here are the ways you can use vitamin D to eliminate acne:
- Directly from the Sun: If possible, try to get vitamin D directly from the sun by exposing a large part of your skin to direct sunlight at least 20 minutes a day. Try this before 11am and after 4pm, when the sun is milder.
- Topical Application of Vitamin D: Get a vitamin D capsule and prick it. Squeeze it to extract the oil within. Now apply this oil directly onto your acne. Do this twice a day and watch your acne disappear.
- Add It to Your Face Wash: If you’ve got a liquid face wash, especially if it comes in a pump bottle, simple open the cap and squeeze in some vitamin D capsules. Firmly screw on the cap again and shake to mix the contents. Now you’ve got a vitamin D enriched face wash that can help you fight acne every time you wash your face!
Have you noticed any improvements after applying vitamin D on your face? Share your results below!