Have you ever noticed how Asian women have amazing flawless skin? Well, a large part of this has to do with genes, but they also do their part in eating healthy (lots of fish and seaweed) and also, applying a lot of skin beautifying products. Among the rare things Japanese put on their faces to maintain that glowing blemish-free look is SEAWEED!
I know, seaweed are those tangled up smelly things that wash up the beach but they are actually loaded with amazing nutrients for great skin. I’m not saying bag that seaweed the next time you go to the beach and smear it on your face – no way! You should use this seaweed powder or these seaweed sheets for skin beautification!
Okay, so now I’m going to share with you ways you can use seaweed for perfect skin! Are you excited or what?!
How to Use Seaweed for Skin – 3 Ways
1. DIY Porcelain Skin Facial Mask
What you need
- 2 tsp kelp powder (where to get it)
- 2 tsp aloe vera gel (where to get it)
- 2 drops lavender oil (where to get it)
- Mixing bowl & spoon
- Face mask brush (where to get it)
- Into your bowl, add the kelp powder, aloe vera gel and lavender oil.
- Mix thoroughly to get a smooth paste.
- Using an applicator brush or good ole fingers, apply the mask all over your face. Avoid the areas around your eyes and mouth.
- Wash off with lukewarm water after 5-7 minutes.
2. Nourishing Seaweed Facial Sheets
This is when you want to nourish and plump up your skin after cleansing it. It feeds your skin with necessary vitamins and minerals, making it glow with radiance.
What you need
- Tear up the seaweed sheets into three or four smaller pieces to cover your forehead, both cheeks, nose and chin.
- Now dip the seaweed sheets into the bowl of water to soften them.
- Then coat them with a bit of raw honey.
- Lie down and apply the torn up sheets on your face.
- Relax for 15 minutes with the sheets on your face.
- When the time is up, rinse your face with lukewarm water then tone and moisturize as usual.
3. Japanese Seaweed Body Wrap for Weight Loss, Cellulite & Detox
What you need
- 1 cup bentonite clay (where to get it)
- ½ cup seaweed powder (where to get it)
- 2 cups green tea (where to get it)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (where to get it)
- 10 drops juniper berry oil (where to get it)
- Plastic wrap (where to get it)
- Cotton cloths
- Wool blanket (where to get it)
- Steel pot
- Steep three green tea bags in 3 cups of hot water for 15 minutes. After steeping, pour the green tea into a steel pot.
- Now let it cool down until warm then add the seaweed powder and bentonite clay and stir well to form a thick creamy mixture. Add warm water if it’s chunky.
- Now add the juniper berry oil and coconut oil and stir again.
- When your mixture is ready, go to the bathroom and coat it all over your body, except the chest area.
- Then wrap the cotton cloths snug over your coated skin. You’ll need separate pieces of cotton cloths for your legs, thighs arms and waist. You can have someone do this for you.
- On top of the cotton cloths, wrap the plastic wrap tightly.
- Put on your bathrobe then go and lie down on a flat surface (some people use a massage table) and place the wool blanket over you. This is to trap heat and make you sweat out all the toxins, wastes and excess water.
- After one hour, remove all the wrappings and take an alternating hot and cold shower.
- Measure yourself! You might see that you have lost a few inches off your waist!
- Try this once a month for beginners then once a week!
So that’s that! My 3 ways on how to use seaweed for skin! Try any of them out and come share your experiences!