Magnesium is a very important mineral that many people are deficient in. People with magnesium deficiencies often suffer from joint pain, migraines, insomnia, stress overload and more.
One of the reasons why there are very many magnesium deficiencies is because of excess alcohol/sugar consumption, high caffeine intake, lack of sleep and others. Another reason is that so many natural sources of magnesium are being depleted. For example, due to spraying of pesticides and over farming, depletion of minerals in farming soil occurs, so the foods grown on such soils become poor sources of magnesium. What’s more home water filtration systems don’t just remove impurities but a large quantity of the water’s magnesium too.
So now how can we increase our magnesium levels? That’s the whole point of this post! I’ll be showing you how to make magnesium oil, a great source of magnesium for those of us who need this miracle mineral in our lives. Why magnesium oil? Because magnesium actually absorbs better into the body through the skin. And magnesium oil is applied directly on the skin! Simply spray it on your skin and it will start absorbing.
Okay, now let’s get onto the recipe for how to make magnesium oil:
How to Make Magnesium Oil
What you Need
- ½ cup distilled water (where to get it)
- ½ cup magnesium chloride flakes (where to get it)
- Funnel (where to get it)
- Pyrex measuring cup (where to get it)
- 8 oz spray bottle (where to get it)
- Measure the distilled water using a Pyrex measuring up then pour it into a steel pot and boil it.
- Once boiled, remove from heat and drop in the magnesium flakes. Stir in well until dissolved.
- Let it cool down completely.
- Then pour it into a spray bottle using a funnel and shake well.
- It stores for more than 6 months at room temperature.
- To use, spray on your arms, legs, shoulders and stomach every day. You can do this after a shower, let it dry off then apply body lotion. It will give you a slight tingling and itchy sensation but this disappears once it dries and you put lotion.
- You can use this magnesium oil as a deodorant.
- Use this magnesium oil at day time so it doesn’t interrupt your sleep pattern like it does with a few people.
- Wanna make a more moisturizing magnesium-rich body product? Then go here: How to Make Magnesium Lotion
- If you want to buy good quality magnesium oil, purchase from an 8 oz spray bottle from Ancient Minerals!
Consult your doctor before use during pregnancy and on your children and pets.