Hi lovelies! Today’s post is quite exotic and exciting! That’s right! We’re going to see how to make fruit body lotion with all natural ingredients!
Fruits are sweet, juicy and luscious foods that are filled with vitamins and other essential nutrients. They cleanse the body, strengthen the immune system, promote glowing skin and have many more health benefits! When used topically as facial masks (tropical fruit face masks anyone?), they load up skin cells with moisture and beneficial antioxidants that keep skin healthy, soft, smooth and youthful.
You can also use fruits to make body lotion. But not real fresh fruits of course! You can’t make lotion by pureeing pieces of pineapple and papaya together with other lotion ingredients. Nope! If you do that, it’s going to spoil within half a day. Don’t be disappointed – you can still make a fruit body lotion, only using oils and extracts derived from fruits! Here are some examples of natural body lotion ingredients that are extracted from fruits:
- Apricot kernel oil from apricot kernels
- Avocado oil from the flesh of avocado
- Coconut oil from coconut flesh
- Mango butter from mango seeds
- Pink grapefruit essential oil from grapefruit rinds
- Pomegranate seed oil from pomegranate seeds
- Sweet orange essential oil from orange rinds
Most oils derived from fruits don’t have the fruit’s scent. Like mango butter doesn’t smell at all like mangoes because it is got from mango seeds not the sweet flesh of the fruit. However, essential oils smell just like the plant material they are extracted from! For example, sweet orange essential oil smells just as citrusy and amazing as oranges!
Okay, let’s now take a look at how to make fruit body lotion!
How to Make Fruit Body Lotion
What you need
- ½ cup of mango butter (where to get it)
- ¼ cup of coconut oil (where to get it)
- 1 tsp pomegranate seed oil (where to get it)
- 1 tsp passion fruit seed oil (where to get it)
- 1 tsp papaya seed oil (where to get it)
- 10 drops sweet orange essential oil (where to get it)
- 5 drops ylang ylang essential oil (where to get it)
- Double boiler (where to get it)
- Hand mixer (where to get it)
- Sterilized storage jars (where to get it)
- Begin by melting your mango butter and coconut oil in a double boiler over a medium low heat.
- Once they turn to liquid form, place in the refrigerator/freezer for 15/10 minutes. This is to allow the melted butter & oils to cool off and partially solidify. When it becomes like this is when it’s easy to whip into lotion.
- Get it out when the time is up and add the pomegranate seed oil, papaya seed oil, sweet orange essential oil and ylang ylang essential oil.
- Now using your hand mixer, start whipping the ingredients till you get a white creamy mixture that looks like whipped cream.
- Spoon the cream into sterilized jars.
- Store in a cool dry place!
Plant Therapy FRUITS Essential Oils Sampler Set
Love the smell of fruits and want your lotion, face cream or cleanser to smell like them? Then buy the Plant Therapy FRUITS 6-Essential Oils Sampler Set. It’s got six 10 ml bottles containing 100% Pure, Undiluted Essential Oils of: Sweet Orange, Pink Grapefruit, Lime, Lemon, Tangerine and Mandarin. Note: These oils are photosensitive so please don’t apply them to your skin when going under harsh sunlight.
That’s a simple and amazing recipe for how to make fruit body lotion! Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did! It smells fantastic!