Are you wondering how to darken your skin without toxic tanning products or scary tanning beds? Here are some great natural solutions to soaking up a lovely tan shade for your skin!
Most of us abhor pale skin. It can make you look ghastly and ill. A bit of healthy color or a sun-kissed glow is all the rave right now! Sadly, most of us resort to tanning beds or spray tan and other tanning products, which can come with negative side effects! Brace yourself because this article will show you how to darken your skin naturally!
Eat to Tan!
You know how they say eating too many carrots can make your skin orange?! Well, there is some truth to that! Eating a large amount of foods like carrots, sweet potatoes and tomatoes can give your skin a hint of orange coloring that can give the illusion of tanned skin. The best way to get vegetables like carrots into your diet is by juicing them! Buy a high quality juicer like this one to press fresh carrots and make what I like to call “liquid vitamins!”
Skin Darkening Supplements
Not a fan of carrots, tomatoes or veggies in general? Not to worry! Supplements are your solution! High quality vitamins containing beta carotene can help you achieve a natural dark complexion. Find a good beta carotene supplement here.
Play in the Sun!
It doesn’t get any easier than this! Sunshine is your number one friend when it comes to darkening the skin naturally. When sunlight hits your skin, it causes your skin cells to produce melanin. And the more melanin you have, the darker your skin is. Just make sure to wear suitable SPF to prevent sun burns. Sun before 11am and after 4pm is best for safe skin tanning.
Use Oils to Darken Your Skin!
You’ll be glad to know that there are a number of oils that you can use to darken your skin naturally! Here are some of the best oils that can darken your skin:
You can apply these oils directly onto your skin as they are. Or you could mix in some heavenly-scented essential oils like Rose Otto or Lavender to make a lovely product. Apply these oils in the day time, or while tanning to speed up the tanning process.
How to Darken Your Skin with a DIY Recipe
I must share with you this DIY recipe that can help you darken your skin. You only need a few ingredients! This is a simple face tanning oil that you can make at home. Here’s the full recipe:
- ¼ cup of emu oil (where to get it)
- ¼ cup of aloe vera gel (where to get it)
- ½ cup of strong black tea (where to get it)
- Begin by preparing your black tea. It has to be strong so use 3 – 4 tea bags. Bring ½ a cup of water to a boil and steep your tea bags in the water for about 15 minutes.
- Allow your tea to cool down.
- Now blend your black tea, aloe vera gel and emu oil in a blender until you create a smooth mixture.
- Apply this tanning oil onto your skin right before you step out into the sun or while tanning. It’s totally natural and safe so you don’t have to worry about toxins and harmful ingredients!
- If you don’t have access to emu oil, use other oils to darken your skin like sweet almond oil. Keep in mind that emu oil has been proven to increase skin pigmentation and darken the skin, so it’s worth the trouble to get some emu oil for best results!
- Darkening your skin naturally is no easy feat, but it isn’t impossible either. Using most of the ideas above, you can darken your skin within a few weeks. Remember, the shade of your skin doesn’t matter! It’s the health of your skin that counts! So put in more effort in keeping your skin hydrated, moisturized and cleansed for that youthful, supple look!